Avios booking question

Old Sep 7, 19, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
Avios booking question

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered, I did try and look at the wiki but didnít find the answer.

Looking to book flights to the states next year and waiting for the seats to get released at t-355. Am I able to book a one way (say today) for 26 Aug 2020 and then call back to add a return to the same booking in order to get taxes to re-calculate? Or must I wait for the return to be available for that? If I have to wait I am tempted to book a return for same day! Then call back and change the date when seats are released.

it is an open jaw, but one other way of doing it I suppose is to book same day return to/from the arrival gateway online, then call back at later date to change the departure gateway and the date at the same time...to reduce fees as there are 4 adults (though we are flexible and donít have to travel together or to/from same airport).

To add a further complication one couple has Lloydís 241 voucher so not sure if they can book one way and then add return.

Long winded question for what is a simple idea - return flights using avios. Iíve not noticed such a disparity with taxes etc when booking one way v return flights, but last year I went east on Cathay.

thanks for help and apologies if this has been answered before

Search this Thread