Lounge crawl allowed in T3??

Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Lounge crawl allowed in T3??

Flying club europe class with my brother from terminal 3 LHR on a BA flight to BCN. Am I right in thinking that we can visit every one world business lounge? AA, Cathay, Qantas, BA? Lounge crawl sounds like a great Friday afternoon!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes you can. There is a long thread on this in the dashboard.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
If you post here many would say it's compulsory.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:27 am

Don’t be obsessed by noodles!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
or Green Ant Gin
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Suggest combining this with the existing thread. Oh, and don't bother with AA.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Agreed, but to answer OPs question - allowed and definitely recommended
Wramsey1980 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The one nice thing about AA IMHO is the option to pick up some sweeties for the flights and if travelling in ET I pick up a bottle of water too.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Wramsey1980
Flying club europe class with my brother from terminal 3 LHR on a BA flight to BCN. Am I right in thinking that we can visit every one world business lounge? AA, Cathay, Qantas, BA? Lounge crawl sounds like a great Friday afternoon!
The Qantas Salt and Pepper Squid is excellent, but they only serve it a few hours before the QF departures, so time your visit carefully.

And aim to go to Cathay about 40 minutes before a CX departure when the lounge is just clearing out, and you can grab a nice armchair by the window.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:14 am
Suspended

It's verboten! Sorry the other posters fed you bad information.

You must go directly to AA. Do not pass CX or QF. Do not collect a drink at BA.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: QR Gold :: AA ExPlat
Smile

Originally Posted by Greenpen
Disagree... CX Dan Dan Noodles / Cathay Delight / Champ is a great start to any trip!
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:27 am

Given that BA chose to withdraw the T5C Starbucks privilege which was costing £15 a time, I worry that T3 lounge choice (which reports/speculation on here suggests is significantly more expensive) risks going the same way.

It would be a shame if we all lost the option to go to any lounge because some choose to go to several.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
I worry that T3 lounge choice (which reports/speculation on here suggests is significantly more expensive) risks going the same way.

It would be a shame if we all lost the option to go to any lounge because some choose to go to several.
I will defer to more knowledgeable heads than mine, but would that be allowed under OneWorld rules? To be clear, I don't know.

I do suspect that BA has done the sums and for the number of pax travelling via T3, the subset of which know of the other OW lounges, it's tolerable in financial terms. I don't have the dislike of BA T3 F that others have, but the choice is welcome, so I hope it continues
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
Given that BA chose to withdraw the T5C Starbucks privilege which was costing £15 a time, I worry that T3 lounge choice (which reports/speculation on here suggests is significantly more expensive) risks going the same way.

I imagine the vast majority of people go to the lounge they're told to. A small subset will choose their favourite one. A tiny minority will do a tour of them all.

​​​​​
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:47 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by shefgab
I imagine the vast majority of people go to the lounge they're told to. A small subset will choose their favourite one. A tiny minority will do a tour of them all.

​​​​​
This was evident during a recent temporary closure of the BA F lounge, when AA and CX suddenly became flooded by JAL passengers (who are told to use the BA lounge). When the announcement was made in the AA / CX lounges that the BA lounge was open again, most left!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.