LHR T5 - arrivals lounge or galleries

Old Sep 6, 19, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
LHR T5 - arrivals lounge or galleries

Maybe a bit premature as I havenít flown the outbound yet however have a question.

We have an inbound (return) flight from LAS to LHR later this month connecting into a LHR/INV flight. All club world.

On arrival at LHR we have always headed to the Galleries lounge however (I know, I may be late to the party, bear with me) I think we could use the BA arrivals lounge in T5. My question is - is it better, is there any chance of getting a shower ( never managed it in Galleries, waits have ranged from 3 -9 hours).

I'm slightly embarrassed I didnít know about this before. Iím clearly not paying enough attention but any thoughts would be welcome.
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:09 pm

The T5 arrival lounge is only open until 14.00. It is also landslide so you need to go through immigration and customs. There are lots of bathrooms so I expect you would get your shower, or indeed a bath in a slurpy tub!
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by scottish minnie View Post

Maybe a bit premature as I havenít flown the outbound yet however have a question.

We have an inbound (return) flight from LAS to LHR later this month connecting into a LHR/INV flight. All club world.

On arrival at LHR we have always headed to the Galleries lounge however (I know, I may be late to the party, bear with me) I think we could use the BA arrivals lounge in T5. My question is - is it better, is there any chance of getting a shower ( never managed it in Galleries, waits have ranged from 3 -9 hours).

I'm slightly embarrassed I didnít know about this before. Iím clearly not paying enough attention but any thoughts would be welcome.
Hi,

How long is your layover?
Also when does your LAS flight arrives at LHR as the arrivals lounge closes at 2pm

Also you will be arriving at T3 and have to get to T5 by bus. then clear security.

The showers in T5 A spa could be quieter in the afternoon ( or head to T5B with enough time as the shower are quieter there then walk back via the tunnels to T5A where the INV flight will leave.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Avis PC, Eurostar CB, the Amex plat stuff
If the layover is long enough, I would always go landside, but I'm a smoker. One cig, shower, breakfast and then another one more before going back airside. There are many showers in the arrivals lounge, I've never had to wait, even on an early Monday morning arrival. I've never tried airside so can't comment there...
Old Sep 6, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
If you want breakfast the range at the arrivals lounge is a bit better than Galleries Club if you are Silver. Also there’s a chance of a spa treatment in arrivals too which you wouldn’t get if using the showers in Galleries.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
And because you are arriving at T3 you have the option of going through the border there, visit the AA arrivals lounge, and then use the HEX to get to T5.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Originally Posted by madfish View Post
And because you are arriving at T3 you have the option of going through the border there, visit the AA arrivals lounge, and then use the HEX to get to T5.
The AA Arrivals lounge is excellent with many, many showers and a good menu for breakfast. It also has excellent coffee. I have never had to wait for a shower.
Old Sep 7, 19, 12:34 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
You haven’t been able to get a shower with a 3-9 hour wait? This doesn’t sound right...
Old Sep 7, 19, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Our flight arrives at 15.25 so that solves the dilemma!
we've never managed to get a shower at either T5 galleries lounge. We normally arrive early morning though so that may be the cause although the day we were told they had stopped taking reservations and estimates it would take 9 hours to clear the backlog left us a bit speechless. Not so the passenger behind us who was positively incandescent with rage because with Bronze status he expected some sort of priority.
Old Sep 7, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, HHonors Diamond, Dan Air Lifetime Gold
Not thatís itís relevant because of your arrival time now, but how about trying both - itís something to do!
Old Sep 7, 19, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid View Post
The AA Arrivals lounge is excellent with many, many showers and a good menu for breakfast. It also has excellent coffee. I have never had to wait for a shower.
This is my experience as well.
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Galleries it is then, based on your arrival time. I canít quite believe the waiting time; most Iíve ever had is about 30-40 mins. Is that in South? Always worth a call to North to see if itís quieter and perhaps even B gates if you can be bothered to walk.
Old Sep 7, 19, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by scottish minnie View Post
Our flight arrives at 15.25 so that solves the dilemma!
we've never managed to get a shower at either T5 galleries lounge. We normally arrive early morning though so that may be the cause although the day we were told they had stopped taking reservations and estimates it would take 9 hours to clear the backlog left us a bit speechless. Not so the passenger behind us who was positively incandescent with rage because with Bronze status he expected some sort of priority.
There are 5 showers over at the galleries lounge in B. I usually make my way over there for a shower and then wander back through the tunnel for my connection. To date I have not had to wait for a shower
Old Jan 19, 20, 9:16 pm

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
Hope it's OK to ask here rather than start a new thread.
Traveling BOS to MAD on BA and Iberia with 1h40 at LHR in the middle. It'll be a Monday morning. I am flying in Club and am Oneworld Emerald (not BA). UK citizen theoretically able to use e-passport gates but never tried it before.
Having read the excellent Guide to Connecting at LHR T5 my best chance of having a shower seems to be to go landside and use the arrivals lounge (keeping a close eye on the clock to clear conformance in time). Or is it risky? Or would I have a better chance somewhere airside?
Old Jan 19, 20, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
With conformance that 1hr 40 becomes 1 hr 5 to get to and clear the border and then get to arrivals and have your shower etc.

personally I would remain airside in your scenario.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: