Search

BA iPad app version 2.0 | problems galore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Exclamation BA iPad app version 2.0 | problems galore

A new version of the iPad App has been released today. I’m finding it pretty useless, it appears all one can do with this version is book flights. There is no access to MMB or MMA and ergo no way to find any existing bookings. Rather a shame, this App appears destined to be deleted from my iPads.
flyphilrun likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:27 pm

I would echo the above comment,cannot access my avios account history,just gives me the total amount.
Gives no information,only the account total,no tier points etc.
For me it is totally useless
flyphilrun likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A new version of the iPad App has been released today. I’m finding it pretty useless, it appears all one can do with this version is book flights. There is no access to MMB or MMA and ergo no way to find any existing bookings. Rather a shame, this App appears destined to be deleted from my iPads.
Agree - the new version is useless so I have removed from my iPad.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Well that is a completely pointless app on iPad now. Agree with above, one to delete
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
An insane change to the App. As noted, no future bookings, no earning data (I’d just done some TP checking before hitting this DOWNGRADE button), no TP info ... and it says I have 400k Avios to spend without any indication of whether they’re mine or the HHA. (Edit: ba.com shows me this is the HHA total.)

All about making bookings and bu§§er all else of any use.

Another own goal by the infants in BA’s IT corner.

Last edited by T8191; Sep 6, 2019 at 2:54 pm Reason: HHA Avios
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:27 am

The Enhanced iPad App

Looks pretty but has lost almost all functionality. Do not download it in this state.
PUCCI GALORE and flyphilrun like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
I’m waiting for the email saying my app was mistakenly cancelled and the chance to revert to the last version...
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Maybe they are building a new one, section by section? The FQTV section yet to come?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
This really is a joke. No indication before downloading that its changed to purely a booking app. New dedicated flight booking feature, to the exclusion of all the other original functionality - apart from showing the total of Avios in account. New look in terms of design doesn't compensate for removal of most of the functionality.

Come on BA - if anybody from the marketing/IT department is reading this. Pull this virtually useless upgrade and revert to the original version that had all the functionality - full account details, Manage My Booking, upcoming flights, flight status and everything else that has 'fallen out'.

Anybody else seeing this post who hasn't upgraded to this disaster - don't. I have downloaded the original iPhone app to use on iPad to retain the functionality.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Maybe they are building a new one, section by section? The FQTV section yet to come?
The description in the App Store says:

This is just the beginning – we’re rolling out a series of new updates for the app in coming months. In the meantime, please rate the app and share your feedback with us.
So hopefully it will be improved soon.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Sadly, I downloaded the update to the iPad app before reading this thread.

Big mistake!

I can only echo what others have said above and stick with the old version (although that couldn't display my forthcoming flights this morning).

Just tried to book a flight on the new app and after selecting the flights I get a pop up saying 'there was an error fetching your fare quote, please try again'

Guess what? I keep trying and keep getting the same error message!

BM
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I think BA iPad app is the worst of the worst. I can’t even see how any company could go lower then this. I mean who is the right minded manager to approve or even just fund a project like this? Even if they release features one by one what is the point to release this?

as others said just delete this clutter from your iPad but before please just give a quick 1 star review in the App Store. Hopefully someone will notice it but I have serious doubts.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Sadly I had enabled automatic updates so have the awful new app. When asked by BA to fly me somewhere I reply, to a better app.

BA get a grip and provide the functionality that should be there.
Cymro and Eskimoboy like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:42 am

Mods etc...

Last edited by MarkFlies; Sep 6, 2019 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
New iPad App

New iPad app out now. Truly awful. You can't even view your current bookings. You can only book new bookings with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.