FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   WTP for more than First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1986150-wtp-more-than-first.html)

typical Sep 6, 2019 7:51 am

WTP for more than First

Not seen this before...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...169329607b.png

Interestingly EF says F9 A8 J8 C5 D3 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9.

Wonder if WTP is actually full or they've just zeroed it out? I had priced up a significantly better fare but by the time I got company permission, this happened...

MSPeconomist Sep 6, 2019 7:55 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31496867)
Not seen this before...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...169329607b.png

Wonder if WTP is actually full or they've just zeroed it out? I had priced up a significantly better fare but by the time I got company permission, this happened...

Will your employer permit you to buy CW since it's cheaper?

typical Sep 6, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31496879)
Will your employer permit you to buy CW since it's cheaper?

This was permission to stretch up from WT to WTP, so not a chance :)

MintWasabe Sep 6, 2019 8:04 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31496884)
This was permission to stretch up from WT to WTP, so not a chance :)

Can you book in WTP yourself and then upgrade to CW (and maybe bag a refund!)?

Tobias-UK Sep 6, 2019 8:05 am

The Club and First prices appear to be a steal!

typical Sep 6, 2019 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31496918)
The Club and First prices appear to be a steal!

These are one way prices :)

typical Sep 6, 2019 8:09 am

Originally Posted by MintWasabe (Post 31496916)
Can you book in WTP yourself and then upgrade to CW (and maybe bag a refund!)?

That was the plan, but not at these prices...

Globaliser Sep 6, 2019 8:13 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31496867)

Wonder if WTP is actually full or they've just zeroed it out?

It doesn't really matter for your purposes. The only thing that matters is whether BA is prepared to take a reservation in any of the WT+ booking classes. Zeroes = no.

Which makes the price you were given rather curious. If it's W0 E0 T0, I'd expect there to be no price at all. Did you click through to get a price quote, and to see what the quote was actually for and what you'd actually get?

typical Sep 6, 2019 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31496955)
It doesn't really matter for your purposes. The only thing that matters is whether BA is prepared to take a reservation in any of the WT+ booking classes. Zeroes = no.

Which makes the price you were given rather curious. If it's W0 E0 T0, I'd expect there to be no price at all. Did you click through to get a price quote, and to see what the quote was actually for and what you'd actually get?

I did. It's booking into W.

Looking into the fares available on EF, it does indeed look like you can book a RT into I, R, C, D and even A for less than W.

Given that, it might just be that BA is quoting a different pont of sale and thus availability than EF?

Globaliser Sep 6, 2019 8:40 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31496988)
I did. It's booking into W.

Given that, it might just be that BA is quoting a different pont of sale and thus availability than EF?

That sounds logical. ba.com will use the POS of the origin of the trip. EF will use whatever POS you set it to. The default is US if you do nothing to do, but for obvious reasons my account has set the default to UK.

typical Sep 6, 2019 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31497085)
That sounds logical. ba.com will use the POS of the origin of the trip. EF will use whatever POS you set it to. The default is US if you do nothing to do, but for obvious reasons my account has set the default to UK.

Yep, EF can't do a POS of Kenya. Tried South Africa to get W2 E0 T0, so I guess that's why.

Shame, looks like QR in Y then.

Globaliser Sep 6, 2019 8:47 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31497102)
Yep, EF can't do a POS of Kenya. Tried South Africa to get W2 E0 T0, so I guess that's why.

Shame, looks like QR in Y then.

If you price the trip using a website that uses a UK POS, which would show that WT+ is unavailable, would that open the door to you buying the J cabin ticket (I don't know which booking class that's in)?

typical Sep 6, 2019 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31497122)
If you price the trip using a website that uses a UK POS, which would show that WT+ is unavailable, would that open the door to you buying the J cabin ticket (I don't know which booking class that's in)?

Sadly not - I was only going for WTP because (in T) it fit the price envelope I had, and then only with permission. No WTP means I'm back to the back. :)

MSPeconomist Sep 6, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by typical (Post 31497127)
Sadly not - I was only going for WTP because (in T) it fit the price envelope I had, and then only with permission. No WTP means I'm back to the back. :)

How does the price your employer approved compare to the prices you're seeing now? Also, if the employer was to blame for a delay in approving the trip, this might be an argument to buy the ticket you want with employer reimbursing the approved price.

typical Sep 6, 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31497146)
How does the price your employer approved compare to the prices you're seeing now? Also, if the employer was to blame for a delay in approving the trip, this might be an argument to buy the ticket you want with employer reimbursing the approved price.

The cheapest one-way business price is only a couple of hundred dollars below the envelope for the return. (When I priced it up, WTP was $783 compared to $553 in WT, one way. Those are the prices I had intended to book WTP at.)

Not their fault ultimately - policy is Y and I lucked on a fare. I'd have paid to hold the fare had BA offered the facility, but it wasn't there :(