Ba 109 cancellation

Old Sep 6, 19, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile Ba 109 cancellation

Dear fellow flyer talkers,

I have just been informed by text that BA 109 from LHR to DXB 21:15 on 21st September has been cancelled (due to aircraft maintenance as I later found out). My wife, baby & I were duly rebooked onto the earlier BA107 leaving 12:45. I am wondering what one would typically expect BA to do in the form of compensation, or at least acknowledge the hassle the customer now has and provide some goodwill. The following may help the reader.
  • I am flying DXB - LHR the day before (20th September) on BA in order to sort out some admin etc and fly back to Dubai with my family.
  • I work in Dubai therefore will be completing this journey over my weekend (Friday/Saturday).
  • We had originally booked BA 109 in economy (scheduled to arrive 07:30am) a) in order for me to get into work on-time Sunday 22nd, b) the little one to sleep overnight and c) give me almost 2 days in London to sort some personal things out.
  • After calling up BA offered seats on BA 105 leaving 22:25 ( an hour later) however no bulkhead with a cot, seats not together and I would arrive late for work.
  • I fully understand that being rebooked 15 days in advance and offered a seat on a flight 1 hour later I wouldn't be applicable for any compensation under European Legislation.
  • I have been told there are no seats available in the next cabin up (Premium).
  • I am a lowly bronze having been silver and gold, although will be back to silver in a few weeks,(realistically I know this probably means nothing in terms of receiving better customer service).
My question is, what could one reasonably expect (if anything) e.g. Avios/upgrade/voucher etc?

Yes, 1 circa 1 hour delay is not at a lot, but I fly this route often and pay ( a little more) to be on this particular flight as it gets me into work earlier. Also, I am now split from my family and down have the comfort of a basinet. I could take the earlier flight but I would lose out on half of my weekend and it would disrupt the little ones travel.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

Dom
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
You should expect absolutely nothing as compensation, I am afraid. If the EU Regulation does not apply to you, no good will gesture will be forthcoming. BA re-booked you and that's about it.

Search this Thread