Search

BA2039 LGW -> MCO delay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA2039 LGW -> MCO delay

Hi there,

Just checking on flight status for tomorrow 7 September and can see that our flight BA2039 is already delayed by around an hour. It says due to a late arriving aircraft, does anyone know which aircraft this will be?

Flightradar has an aircraft for 8 September but not tomorrow.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
TBH I wouldn't worry. This is a case of too much info being available which just causes confusion. It's likely that delay could be could back to 0 or BA switch planes.

Your's ist the first thread on this and it won't be the last.

Just remember that unless BA spefically says to check in at a later time then you must stick to the original schedule.
samfrost93 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And really, how many new threads do we need to have about this single trip?
  • [*]
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Your's ist the first thread on this and it won't be the last.
A small selection:-
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks for the response.

I would argue the LGW long haul cancellations was not actually related to this trip, it's interesting to discuss these things and find out is going on in general. For example, LGW -> JFK is now being operated by Evelop!

I do accept that there are two threads which could have been placed into one, I should've searched for the blocked seats thread.

Having said that, I assume a lot of visitors to FlyerTalk are unregistered guests. Posts like "And really, how many new threads do we need to have about this single trip?" aren't the kind of friendly responses that will urge them to become a member. Feel free to shoot me a PM if it's bothering you, or even just be a bit softer in your response. No need to be rude in my opinion.

I guess part of what keeps a forum active is repetition in some respects though. I bet nearly every single question has been asked at some point. If we kept telling people it's not okay to post, won't that just end all new activity on the forum?
dadeo and A P Yu like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by samfrost93
Hi there,

Just checking on flight status for tomorrow 7 September and can see that our flight BA2039 is already delayed by around an hour. It says due to a late arriving aircraft, does anyone know which aircraft this will be?

Flightradar has an aircraft for 8 September but not tomorrow.
Currently planned to be YMMD. It's running around 40 mins late to LAS currently and they clearly don't expect time to be made up between now and then. Keep an eye though, these things often change.
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MFCC
Currently planned to be YMMD. It's running around 40 mins late to LAS currently and they clearly don't expect time to be made up between now and then. Keep an eye though, these things often change.
Thanks so much! What do you use to figure that out?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by samfrost93
Thanks for the response.

I would argue the LGW long haul cancellations was not actually related to this trip, it's interesting to discuss these things and find out is going on in general. For example, LGW -> JFK is now being operated by Evelop!

I do accept that there are two threads which could have been placed into one, I should've searched for the blocked seats thread.

Having said that, I assume a lot of visitors to FlyerTalk are unregistered guests. Posts like "And really, how many new threads do we need to have about this single trip?" aren't the kind of friendly responses that will urge them to become a member. Feel free to shoot me a PM if it's bothering you, or even just be a bit softer in your response. No need to be rude in my opinion.

I guess part of what keeps a forum active is repetition in some respects though. I bet nearly every single question has been asked at some point. If we kept telling people it's not okay to post, won't that just end all new activity on the forum?
Couldn't agree more. It's an a extra thread for someone looking for advice, isn't what this forum is for? Post away
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: QF WP
Someone in the qantas forum managed to get up to 8 threads for a single flight

luckily the mods do a great job of merging, makes it easier for this old girl to keep up 😉
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crack on OP - one old annoyance (which probably didn't annoy many other people!) was the frequency of the 2-4-1 thread questions. The forum did a great job of creating a master to help everyone out. I do think there's room for a master "Questions on my upcoming flight" thread which would be used to ask for aircraft type / seating query / type of IFE etc etc
samfrost93 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Crack on OP - one old annoyance (which probably didn't annoy many other people!) was the frequency of the 2-4-1 thread questions. The forum did a great job of creating a master to help everyone out. I do think there's room for a master "Questions on my upcoming flight" thread which would be used to ask for aircraft type / seating query / type of IFE etc etc
On the topic of this thread ("My aircraft seems to be delayed for an hour"), we already have Clinic thread: Flight delays, cancellations, operational quirks and oddities - but immediate resort to the New Thread button seems to be far more attractive.

If we didn't have an excess of new threads about relative trivia, it would be easier to see the threads on which people have real problems about which they need advice.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

If anyone is interested, it was G-YMMD as predicted above and we were two hours delayed.

Currently sitting onboard - WiFi is pretty decent.
TedToToe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.