Getting from LCY to LHR T5 SS on Sunday?

Old Sep 6, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK View Post
Another alternative if you want to drive yourself - one way rental with Avis to drop at T5 might be cheap enough - certainly cheaper than a Black Cab would be - probably looking at north of £100 on a Sunday night tariff for that ! - Avis drop off is inside the short term car park at T5
i just priced a one way Avis rental out of interest (it only offered T3/4 drop off instead of T5) - for a normal sized group C car, they want 100 quid for a couple of hours on Sunday evening !
Old Sep 6, 19, 6:49 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
BA Transfer (not related to BA!) are my usual London airport transfer recommendation, well priced and have never let me down
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by psychopompos View Post
If you're feeling very adventurous and want to save a few pounds, and happen to have a Drive Now and Zipcar subscriptions you could take a Drive Now from LCY to somewhere in Hackney/Islington/Tower Hamlets where you can swap it for a zipcar which you can then leave at T5 SS. That exercise should come up somewhere in the £30-40 range.
For a variation on this theme, the DLR to e.g. Blackwall or Poplar followed by a ZipCar Flex to T5 might be easier than getting two separate car club cars.
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:11 pm

Even though a strike, doesn't EU261 duty of care still apply and wouldn't it cover reimbursement for the airport transfer from LCY to LHR?
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
Highly, highly recommend Blacklanes chauffeur app. I just plugged this journey in and they are quoting £98 for a Mercedes E-Class or £139 for a V-Class people carrier. If you are referred to them by an existing client you can take 20% off that price (happy to share my referral code if you PM me.)
I use Blacklane all over the world, never had an issue. Another one in UK that are decent in Onward Travel Solutions (OTS), tend to be slightly cheaper than Blacklane in the UK but not quite as high standard.
Old Sep 6, 19, 5:26 pm
Formerly known as pmcgurk

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
I’d give Addison Lee a whirl. They’re quoting about £65 for said journey and they’re pretty reliable.
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:14 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by whitespace View Post
I had a Carrot Cars pick me up after a BA2 return into LCY. They’re local to LCY and I have no problem suggesting them...
+1 for Carrot Cars

Friends who live in Canary Wharf use them and told me it's about £60 for them to get to LHR. You can get a quote from their app and apparently it also gives a 10% discount.
Old Sep 7, 19, 2:40 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
BA Transfer (not related to BA!) are my usual London airport transfer recommendation, well priced and have never let me down
they did let me down once. i ended up paying a fortune for a black cab. never again.

Search this Thread