SF Bay Area Airports (metro area code on ba.com)

Old Sep 5, 19, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
SF Bay Area Airports (metro area code on ba.com)

I want to search for flights to the bay area and not to particular if I end up in OAK, SFO or SJC

Mr. Google says there is a metro code QSF (a-la LON). ba.com does not recognise it, expertflyer says google is wrong, it's an airport in Algeria

Is there a metro code for above airports*? Is there search within 100miles (which will do the job) type feature? Was sure there is can't find it

*If not, why not?
ttama likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA.com has trouble with many actual airport codes, let alone seldom used metro codes like QLA and QSF. Your best bet is to try searching for each airport separately.
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
QSF is not a valid metro code in the Amadeus GDS which is what BA uses.
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
You could try with Google flights with the three codes first to see pricing and then go to BA once you've found your flight?
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:24 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
You could try with Google flights with the three codes first to see pricing and then go to BA once you've found your flight?
This is what I'd tend to do as well, although using the advanced controls in ITA Matrix.

It would then be a case, if the routing was more complex than a simple return (i.e. even just an open jaw) to use the multi-city option on BA.com to select the desired flights - or calling in.

I don't think BA is unique in having limited flight booking capabilities on its website - SK's is even worse!

Search this Thread