Sapphire benefits flying on BA from JFK T7?

Old Sep 5, 19, 6:57 am
mhy
Original Poster

Programs: JL / OW Sapphire, Hilton Gold
Sapphire benefits flying on BA from JFK T7?

Taking my first BA flight / avgeek run tomorrow from JFK T7 in WTP (F on the way back woo!)

Just want to confirm that as a Sapphire I will have access to the following in T7:
  • Business class check-in
  • Fast track security (Where is it located? Do they have TSA PreCheck?)
  • BA Club Lounge but NOT preflight dining
  • Priority Boarding
Very excited, I have tuned my expectations based on the discussions on this forum but I am looking forward to it regardless of the outcome, especially the F back. Thanks all
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
Yes to all your questions! (although i dont know about TSA pre check)

Enjoy the flight
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by mhy View Post
Taking my first BA flight / avgeek run tomorrow from JFK T7 in WTP (F on the way back woo!)

Just want to confirm that as a Sapphire I will have access to the following in T7:
  • Business class check-in
  • Fast track security (Where is it located? Do they have TSA PreCheck?)
  • BA Club Lounge but NOT preflight dining
  • Priority Boarding
Very excited, I have tuned my expectations based on the discussions on this forum but I am looking forward to it regardless of the outcome, especially the F back. Thanks all
Yes on all accounts. Tsa pre I'm not sure, never saw it at the fast track security line but I'm not enrolled. The check-in staff will direct you, go for the club World desks to the far left. Group 2 for boarding. Enjoy!
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's a very limited TSA-Pre at T7 and it's part of the same fast track line. Show the officer your TSA Pre boarding card and you can keep your shoes on.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I remember hitting Silver the first time, not that long ago really but your post made me grin with the memory.

there are a lot of jaded old golds around who complain if they change the butter or re position the seats but the reality is that being Silver or Gold is amazing. you'll have a great time, enjoy it all and savour the CCR on your flight back!
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:14 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer View Post
I remember hitting Silver the first time, not that long ago really but your post made me grin with the memory.

there are a lot of jaded old golds around who complain if they change the butter or re position the seats but the reality is that being Silver or Gold is amazing. you'll have a great time, enjoy it all and savour the CCR on your flight back!
Indeed, I was only bitten by the frequent-flyer bug recently and will be hitting Emerald later this year. Experienced my first time in paid business class (my own hard-earned $$$, not someone else's!) and it was amazing. I'm totally addicted now! Can't wait to try CCR. Already have F out of JFK booked later this year to try the JFK CCR.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:14 am
mhy
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies. I'll see if I can put together a mini trip-report when I come back.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Make sure you put your dates in the meet-up thread in case you bump into other bugged people

Travel Meet-up Thread - 2019
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:20 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
Make sure you put your dates in the meet-up thread in case you bump into other bugged people

Travel Meet-up Thread - 2019
Done!
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:18 pm

mhy Safe travels and enjoy. It is always a pleasure to see the benefits through a new set of eyes.
mhy likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer View Post

Notwithstanding my intention to get back to gold this year, I have to say that silver/sapphire is the status sweet spot, especially for cheapo European short haul flights in ET. Extra leg room via the exit row, lounge access, priority check in, security and boarding... and all fairly easy to achieve if you can manage a couple of J long hauls in a year. In fact I got it for free for 2 years due to the 2017 IT debacle. I've probably earned barely 150TPs over those 2 years... time to start again now!
Old Sep 6, 19, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, AA LTG
I should make gold again this year, but after that I'll probably be sliding back to silver. I'm trying to be philosophical about it all and see the good side. However, for me it will be the end of a bit of an era, and I will miss GF (sometimes) and TFW (always!)

rb211.
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:52 am
mhy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
I should make gold again this year, but after that I'll probably be sliding back to silver. I'm trying to be philosophical about it all and see the good side. However, for me it will be the end of a bit of an era, and I will miss GF (sometimes) and TFW (always!)

rb211.
Likely this will be my first and last year as Emerald as well, started off aiming for JAL Sapphire which gets you "lifetime" status through JGC.
That is, unless Emerald benefits spoil me enough next year that I convince myself to re-qualify.. At least want to try CX and JL F lounges before I slip back to OWS!
Dambus likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan View Post
It's a very limited TSA-Pre at T7 and it's part of the same fast track line. Show the officer your TSA Pre boarding card and you can keep your shoes on.
A couple of weeks ago there was full Pre-Check--i.e. no need to remove toiletries, shoes, electronics, and you avoid the body scanner-- through the channel on the far right, in other words the lane farthest from the fast track lane. This was in the morning (for BA 178), so it's possible it's not available during the evening services. If you stay in the priority lane, it is as described by TheChangingMan.
TheChangingMan likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:22 am

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan View Post
TSA pre is the plastic card keep your shoes on type.
Beware the ‘fast’ track can be far from fast and would be better called ‘slightly less slow but still chaotic’ track.
tia2013 likes this.

Search this Thread