Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelUp

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:56 pm

Has anyone had a successful refund from travelup come through recently? What sort of timeline did it involve?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Has anyone had a successful refund from travelup come through recently? What sort of timeline did it involve?
Yes mine came 2-3 weeks ago for a cancellation in Feb. It was only after I asked Amex to look into it. I am sure they would have taken much longer otherwise.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:15 am

Mine came through a couple of weeks ago for flights dep. April 3rd.

I didn't get AmEx involved to receive this, though have done now in an effort to retrieve the £266 'admin' charges they took!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:41 pm

TravelUp T&Cs from March

Hi all,

Could someone please provide me with the T&Cs from March? I booked flights in January so these should cover me for a chargeback claim. If anyone can help i'd be really thankful!

Cheers

Last edited by johnnycw1; Jul 1, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I don't think the T&Cs from March make much difference.

I submitted them to Amex, but then TravelUp send Amex their new T&Cs and then Amex just kept deciding in their favour!

I even uploaded a separate cover note asking them to check the T&Cs that I uploaded vs what TravelUp are sending them, but they just go with whatever the merchant's latest response is.

Eventually I managed to get this closed off as I was able to use TU's automated refund form via their website. The refund came through on my Amex card but minus the £50. Hence I am now disputing the £50 but at least I 100% got the rest back now.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:21 pm

Travelup told me last week that it was processing the refund now and I'd have it in 3-5 business days. Still nothing on the 7th business day.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Paren
I don't think the T&Cs from March make much difference.

I submitted them to Amex, but then TravelUp send Amex their new T&Cs and then Amex just kept deciding in their favour!

I even uploaded a separate cover note asking them to check the T&Cs that I uploaded vs what TravelUp are sending them, but they just go with whatever the merchant's latest response is.

Eventually I managed to get this closed off as I was able to use TU's automated refund form via their website. The refund came through on my Amex card but minus the £50. Hence I am now disputing the £50 but at least I 100% got the rest back now.
On what basis in their terms are you disputing the £50? Even the old terms I think state they can take out an admin fee?

This will be me soon and I'm wondering whether there's any point in trying to pursue the £50.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Travelup told me last week that it was processing the refund now and I'd have it in 3-5 business days. Still nothing on the 7th business day.
Took a few extra days but it's in now and faster than most of my other refunds (still have Easter refunds pending). No hassle at all to get the refund. I'm genuinely surprised.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Waited close to 1 hour to get connected to an agent today in order to use my voucher. I had intially called BA to try and use the voucher, but due to the their security reason, which in my opinion is absolutely BS, they did not want to help me. (the booking if for a family member, but I paid for it and they prefer to leave the travel arrangement to me). BA kept insisting that they need to speak to the passenger even though I was going to book the ticket for the same pax.
What i find funny with TravelUp call center is how it tells you your waiting time is 30s, and every 30s, your queue number reduces by 1, sounds like some automated machine to do some sort of countdown - so basically no matter what the situation is, you are forced to wait for approx. 60 mins before your called is answered.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:44 am

I'm not sure that's the case - I've waited as little as 10-15 minutes (but also as much as over two hours).
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Never again TravelUp!..after my last call, gave them the new flights, they promised to call me back within 24 hours, after 2 days of hearing nothing I called them back - but wait times were crazy waited 3x for close to one hour and I only moved 2 callers further (to be the 6th in line), I gave up. After getting the original pax on the ticket to give authorization to me with BA, I called BA and got every thing done.
I really do not understand TravelUp policy - if they are clear that they are not able to handle the situation especially for the voucher option path, why not just tell the airlines to help out - I feel like they are just shooting themselves in their foot.
Anyway, am done with this company - will never forget the experience. Never had so much issue with an OTA before.

Cheers!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:21 am

Is there a number I can use to call these people? I just tried the one on their site and it hung up on me.

Requested a refund on flights two months ago and I've not even had a courtesy email response from them. I think my tickets are cancelled as I can't seem to see information on them using the ANA site any more, but I really don't know what their status is for sure. Starting to panic a bit as my flight was scheduled for tomorrow and I thought I'd have heard at least something from TravelUp at this point.

Really can't afford to lose what I paid for the flight, and I don't really know what coverage my insurance will afford me given I can't really even prove I've requested a cancellation (all I have is a screenshot of what I sent them, and no confirmation etc).

Edit - Seems that the FRA to HND (and back) leg of the booking has been cancelled. I guess that might be helpful if I have to go via the insurance route.

Last edited by RG1X; Jul 23, 2020 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:43 pm

Old Travelup T&C

Hi everyone,

Can any one here help me with the old Travelup's Terms and Conditions? The facebook page seems to be deleted and I need to submit it for my claim. Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
N
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Neda.ba
Hi everyone,

Can any one here help me with the old Travelup's Terms and Conditions? The facebook page seems to be deleted and I need to submit it for my claim. Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
N
I assume you mean you need one from some point in the past that they've since changed? If so, try this:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:...and-conditions
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Just wanted to share my own experiences with this despicable company....

Flights to Dubai in April were cancelled by the airline (EK) back in February. I received communication of this directly from EK.

I immediately contacted TravelUp by email to request a refund, and didn't receive even an acknowledgement, let alone a response. I continued attempting to contact by email and phone for two months before eventually giving up and opening a dispute with American Express.

Amex immediately credited my account for the full amount, but then reversed this about 2 weeks later as they had been provided with T&Cs that had been changed after I had booked. They had also been signed by someone else. As far as I'm concerned, this is fraud. I contacted Amex again who re-opened the dispute, and this eventually led to a refund.

However, the refund was £50 short due to a supposed 'admin fee' that TravelUp have tried charging. So I opened a separate dispute for that, and that was recently settled in my favour.

I understand the pressures on the travel sector at the moment, but the way this company has behaved has been nothing short of diabolical.
Stez likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.