T3 Access with T5 boarding pass

Old Apr 3, 22, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hi All,

As the latest information on here is from two years ago, I wanted to see if the following still holds?

1. Arriving T3 and connecting to T5, I would still be able to go to T3 lounges before transiting to T5, without affecting my Ready to Fly status.
2. The path from departures post-security in T3 back into the Arrivals/Connections still exists.

Thank you!
Old Apr 3, 22, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
Hi All,

As the latest information on here is from two years ago, I wanted to see if the following still holds?

1. Arriving T3 and connecting to T5, I would still be able to go to T3 lounges before transiting to T5, without affecting my Ready to Fly status.
2. The path from departures post-security in T3 back into the Arrivals/Connections still exists.

Thank you!
Hi

Yes that is correct for both questions

Regards
Tbs
DMPHL likes this.
Old Apr 3, 22, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi

Yes that is correct for both questions

Regards
Tbs
Thank you!
(On another note, I once spent an afternoon in Falkirk in the middle of a leisurely drive with my parents from Edinburgh to Glasgow, and had a lovely time. Scotland is one of my absolute favorite places in the world.)
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, A3, DL
Just looking for some 2022 updated info here:
I have connecting BA flights, in and out of T5 in July, with a 5-hour layover. I have oneworld emerald status, and I'm hoping to visit the T3 CX and QF lounges during my long connection. But I will not have a T3 boarding pass at all. Some recent posts on other blogs describe having success in similar circumstances in 2022; others, no luck accessing T3. Anyone here attempted to enter T3 solely for lounge use, when arriving and departing T5?
(I realise it's a lot of faff and time to transfer terminals, and go through security over and over. I also know the plusses/drawbacks of all the OW lounges at LHR. I'm just looking for anyone to confirm a recent experience as successful or not passing T3 security with only T5 boarding passes.) Thanks for any insights from experience!
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Recent reports on this board are similar, some people have been successful, some have not. Of those that were not some were successful when they escalated, some were not.
districtRich likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I did it last month and at T3 they were checking everyone’s boarding pass or itinerary. No T3 boarding pass no entry. People who missed there connection and needed to go to the VS transfer desk were told to go back to T5 even though it was a VS ticket they had.

I had another means of getting in but suffice to say if I had not they would have sent me back to T5 as they needed an itinerary with T3 flight and name matching passport as a minimum to get through without a T3 boarding pass.

Search this Thread