FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   T3 Access with T5 boarding pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1985584-t3-access-t5-boarding-pass.html)

PHLGovFlyer Jan 18, 2020 8:27 am

Originally Posted by dakaix (Post 31488547)
HAL Security will permit you to enter T3 at the Connections screening point if you're in possession of a valid boarding pass for your onward flight, and for the specific purpose of using the shops & lounges. After you've finished in T3 you'll need to use the airside exit route to return to the arrival/connections flow in order to head to T5 - I would say no later than 2 hours before your onward flight, as the buses can get busy.

See KARFA's guide below, albeit you'll be following it in reverse:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29998308-post383.html

I'm posting from the CX F lounge. I wandered around the lounge area and shopping area trying to find the access to the arrivals path based on KARFA's post linked above. Had no luck finding signage for T-5 connections. Is the pathway I'm looking for in the T3 security area? DO I just back-track to T-3 screening and then follow the signs for T-5?

nufnuf77 Jan 18, 2020 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 31965663)
I'm posting from the CX F lounge. I wandered around the lounge area and shopping area trying to find the access to the arrivals path based on KARFA's post linked above. Had no luck finding signage for T-5 connections. Is the pathway I'm looking for in the T3 security area? DO I just back-track to T-3 screening and then follow the signs for T-5?

Yes, go back to T3 screening and there is a double door with a button to exit 'clean' area and get back to 'arrivals' stream. After that follow signs for T5

PHLGovFlyer Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 31965791)
Yes, go back to T3 screening and there is a double door with a button to exit 'clean' area and get back to 'arrivals' stream. After that follow signs for T5

Just to be clear can you point out where on the attached image I'd enter T3 departures when arriving on a CX flight and following the T3 to T3 connection route? Also where I'd head to get to the double door for the T3 arrivals stream (and the AA T3 Arrivals Lounge)? It sounds like both would be at the pathway next to the Kurt Geiger store (23) at the top of the image.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5157a13881.jpg

corporate-wage-slave Jan 20, 2020 3:19 pm

It's not on the map, it would be on the left side. An easier explanation would be to go towards the AA Clubs and near there is a T junction. And at that junction is the usual purple sign for Flight Connections

scottishpoet Jan 20, 2020 3:20 pm

if you look on the arrivals map, T3 connections is around gate 25 so I assume you would come downstairs into the departures area around there, between world duty free and Ted baker

KARFA Jan 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 31965663)

Did you see this diagram in the post concerning T3 in the connections guide? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29998308-post383.html

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...921/5H5rZh.png

Coming from the FCC you enter at B or C, and can exit from these two as well

This is B looking from the departures area

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...921/u1oOd7.jpg

This is C looking from departures

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...923/f3Zadq.jpg

PHLGovFlyer Jan 20, 2020 5:00 pm

KARFA, yes, I did see the diagram, and it seems to agree with my thought that I could exit next to Kurt Geiger (B on your diagram) and get to the double doors. I'm guessing that CWS's recommended path would take you back to C?

KARFA Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 31974731)
Now I'm more confused... I understand that the double doors are not shown on the map, but to head for the AA clubs I'd use the path on the left center side of the map marked "Gates 13-22 Lounges B, F, H". For the path between World Duty Free and Ted Baker there are several other options on the map including an unmarked stairway just above Sputino. There's also a path to "Airline service desk in Flight Connections Centre" at the top left of the map heading to the left, and a path to "Gates 30-42 Flight Connections + Airline Service Desks" at top center of the map heading up.

More than one option perhaps?

the two paths out of and back to the fcc are b and c as shown above.

nufnuf77 Jan 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Indeed, I think T junction CWS references was the old flight connections (exit A) that is no longer in use - i did prefer it there TBH

corporate-wage-slave Jan 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 31974846)
Indeed, I think T junction CWS references was the old flight connections (exit A) that is no longer in use - i did prefer it there TBH

Correct but the signage starts from that point, and it's easy to find AA.

PHLGovFlyer Jan 26, 2020 1:21 am

Initially denied passage at T3 screening

I'm at a lounge in T3 now, and have a tale to tell.

We arrived at T3 this morning on a CX flight, connecting later today on a BA flight out of T5. We already had our BPs for the BA flight so we headed directly to the T3 connections screening area. The BP checker at T3 screening denied us access stating that "security" would not allow pax with T5 BPs into T3. I protested that we simply wanted to use the lounges in T3. She stated that we would need to get a "pass" from the airlines if we wanted to use the lounges and directed us back to the airline service desks.

We walked back to the service desks and spoke with a BA agent who stated that we should have been allowed through. She kindly offered to walk with us back to the BP check area. Once again, the BP checker stated that "security" would not allow pax with T5 BPs to go through, however, this time she stated that we could go through with either a "pass" or with a lounge membership. Thankfully, I had my AA lounge membership card with us, showed it to her, and she finally relented and let us through.

Something did not seem right about this entire process. The BA agent was genuinely perplexed at the idea of needing a "pass" and did not know that such a thing existed. She also stated that she had never seen pax denied entry to T3 when trying to use the lounges. Also, the entire crew of line minders/BP checkers at the T3 screening area were very young. The "senior" person that the other three checkers all deferred to appeared to be in her mid 20's. Not saying that youth is an indicator of poor job skills, but possibly that they have limited experience with other than typical situations.

On a happier note, we did find the 'double doors with button' passageway back to the arrivals stream - it is at the far left end of the security screening area, immediately after you collect your items from the x-ray machine belt. Also, the passage we took from the screening area led us to point "B" next to the Kurt Geiger store, so that confirms my earlier supposition. Ta to all for your guidance.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 26, 2020 1:35 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 31995432)
Thankfully, I had my AA lounge membership card with us, showed it to her, and she finally relented and let us through.

This looks like a personally made up rule to me. It's not surprising the staff support each other though, when challenged.

PHLGovFlyer Jan 26, 2020 2:56 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31995466)
This looks like a personally made up rule to me. It's not surprising the staff support each other though, when challenged.

It absolutely felt arbitrary, especially after I produced the AA lounge membership card. Once the senior line checker saw the card she simply waved me through. There was no consultation with the people operating the screening machines or any other sort of "security" that she mentioned earlier. It was solely at her discretion.

DFB_london Jan 26, 2020 4:00 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer (Post 31995611)
It absolutely felt arbitrary, especially after I produced the AA lounge membership card. Once the senior line checker saw the card she simply waved me through. There was no consultation with the people operating the screening machines or any other sort of "security" that she mentioned earlier. It was solely at her discretion.

It still perplexes me that a waiting room is different enough from another one to involve this much hassle, time and stress.

Fly_IAD Jan 26, 2020 4:13 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london (Post 31995701)
It still perplexes me that a waiting room is different enough from another one to involve this much hassle, time and stress.

what are you really wanting to tell us? That’s it’s stupid to do this, that we are wrong to want to do this? By your logic why ever try a different restaurant, food is food, no? A different class of service or airline, a seat is a seat right? Even a different park bench that might require a walk up hill for another view is still a park bench... Some people with hours on their hands in between flights might not fancy the pretty poor state of affairs that is the BA waiting rooms- aside from the CCR - at T5