Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing First

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
And I do apologise if I have come across as rude highexpectations, I am in one of those moods.

Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
And that my dears,sums up BA crew attitude and how service will excel or disappoint on any flight.
Good service is great, and not so good is the normal.
It's unreasonable to suggest that this comment by CIHY bears any relationship to his attitude or any other crew member's onboard a flight. Oh and I fixed your quotations for you.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by golfmad
It's unreasonable to suggest that this comment by CIHY bears any relationship to his attitude or any other crew member's onboard a flight. Oh and I fixed your quotations for you.
totally agree.

i really value CIHY’s input to these threads, clearly caring about delivering in his job, knowledgable and helpful on here.

To be quite honest, I find the whole status thing rather comical and very much reminds me of a certain comedy sketch. I mean, from a marketing perspective it clearly works for the psychological need to want to have a certain colour tag on display on a bag (wondering if it actually serves any other purposeŁ when you see them rushing to board first, often with a DYKWIa attitude towards those who often on SH turns out they’ve paid for a lower cabin.

I would agree that a GGL shouldn’t notice any Service delivery differences to GCH on a normal flight where (dare I say it) standard service is delivered, I always think it is best to go onboard with a expectation of what one has actually paid for (and yes I include the advertised benefits of status in that) and then anything more is a bonus.

Perhaps I would expect greater support during IRROPS, mostly delivered through a 24/7 quick access to telephone support (far better than waiting for the ground agents)

I can only imagine what CC must think of some of the behaviour of status passengers and I hope when I travel to counter that whenever possible by being friendly, respectful and helpful back.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Isn't pre-order still only available for mains only and ex-LHR? That's one reason.

And while I am pretty consistent in my choices of mains, I know many people choose according to how they feel on the day, so feel they shouldn't have to pre-order to get what they fancy in F.
Agreed, but then they have to be prepared to be disappointed if their choice isn't available. The only way to ensure that everyone's choice is satisfied is to load 14 of each meal, which immediately means that 28 out of 42 meals will be wasted. Irrespective of the cost, which could probably be soaked up by the fare cost, to waste all that food is clearly irresponsible.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by brunos
Maybe the same flight. I was on BA31 late last week and had the same feeling.
Great service. Excellent food, original and tasty (unlike CX F). Wines on the cheap side, but OK for one white and one red (CX better). I really like the suite on the A380; more space than my preferred F seat (CX) but unfortunate middle column. But again fabulous service, even if middle-aged, heavy FAs are less attractive than CX's, they are very efficient and enthusiastic.
Comments like this just make me cringe...
AlanA, flygirl68, golfmad and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Comments like this just make me cringe...
Out of context maybe.
People (rightly or wrongly) are biased by attraction.
Surely the point is that despite this bias, he found BA service much much better.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Saladman
Agreed, but then they have to be prepared to be disappointed if their choice isn't available. The only way to ensure that everyone's choice is satisfied is to load 14 of each meal, which immediately means that 28 out of 42 meals will be wasted. Irrespective of the cost, which could probably be soaked up by the fare cost, to waste all that food is clearly irresponsible.
Is the meal in J radically different than that in F. Can't they just slightly overcater in J and if they run out of meals in F, offer the J entrees and present on an F tray?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about from a week before the flight, make the F menu available and let passengers make their selections? Then provision the flight appropriately, instead of guesstimating.
If BA can manage CW seat selection 7 days out, surely it can manage to allow all 14 passengers to have their menu selections exactly accommodated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.