Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why I’ll be displaying my BA Bronze Luggage Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I’ll be displaying my BA Bronze Luggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Agree. I have Cathay Pacific tags with the wire straps, they have lasted for years while the BAEC ones have died after three or four trips.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
I only put the tags on bags I don’t want to get lost. So I have a gold one on my bike carry bag which quite a few people find amusing.

When it comes the bag tag game I think you only need to wander into an Admirals Club and see everyone in their uniform of Tumi bags with the black ExPlat tags
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BA
As a Gold, I never used to use any of the luggage tags. However I've seen so much snobbery from other gold members (and loved reading about it in DYKWIA) - particularly between LHR and MAN, that I now use my friend's bronze tags on my hand luggage and make sure they are clearly seen. It really annoys some other golds to see me plonk myself down in 1A and be greeted by name by the cabin crew. Such fun!
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I never use a tag because my bag is easily recognised. Not many Hartman 7r masters around that look like they have been in a stockcar race. Heck I've beaten the bashes out if it about 5 times.

Otherwise I have no opinion on people that use tags to tell one Tumi from another Tumi.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
I was in a lift at T5 this morning with a pilot who was displaying his Bronze tag on his bag.
Funnily enough, I thought of this thread when I noticed a member of cabin crew with one on her handbag at baggage reclaim in T5 this morning.

Sadly, there was no bonding moment as I retrieved my bag with its brand new bronze tag!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
I tend to travel hand luggage only, often with a small molli rucksack. On a couple of occasions when on a full flight the cabin crew are playing bag tetris with the overhead storage. When lockers wont close etc
. My bag is relatively small in comparrisson with some of the cases people drag onboard, and could easily be squeezed in somewhere else. I have noticed a few times when selecting bags to shift, cabin crew will see tags and not move my bag but choose another, even telling their colleague " No not that one"
I have wondered if it is the tags that influence that decision. It will fit under the seat in front if necessary as I only have short legs....but when I offer to do this, cabin crew always decline and grab another bag.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe Mods should change the thread title to "Over Analyising Crap that Doesn't Matter'
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
Funnily enough, I thought of this thread when I noticed a member of cabin crew with one on her handbag at baggage reclaim in T5 this morning.

Sadly, there was no bonding moment as I retrieved my bag with its brand new bronze tag!
I achieved bronze on the outbound leg of this trip so had no opportunity to display my newly found status(without waving my boarding pass around), I arrived home to my new bronze tags on the doormat. The inbound legs elevated me to Silver (for the first time) so once the tier points hit my account I should receive my silver tags/status..
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I don't think the majority of people here look down on any BA tag, but only annoyed by DYKWIA type of attitude.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by dougzz
Maybe Mods should change the thread title to "Over Analyising Crap that Doesn't Matter'
But it DOES matter to some people, especially those who criticise people who actually use the issued tags.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by roy2016
I don't think the majority of people here look down on any BA tag, but only annoyed by DYKWIA type of attitude.
From another thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28839681-post97.html
I always thought displaying Bronze tags just shows how little a person flies and even those flights are probably in economy.

I would never display anything other than a diamond encursted gold card.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Still use the Silver one on my hand luggage, purely so it doesn't get hold checked on busy flights.

As for the snobbery, DYKWIA made a joke about it here.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by The Geek
Still use the Silver one on my hand luggage, purely so it doesn't get hold checked on busy flights.

As for the snobbery, DYKWIA made a joke about it here.
Did I?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I wish I'd been smart enough to consolidate my early travel into one alliance to reach status, or to even read any of the info to see what benefits I'd get. I didn't even know about it the first time I reached any status. It didn't dawn on me for many years that I might fly enough, so now none of my first decades of flying count in any of my lifetime balances. Well done you.

As for the tags, I slide old ones into the little pocket on the back of my bags because it fits so nicely and I presume someone finding my mislaid bag would check there even if my handle tags fall off. On the handles, I use whatever last got thrown on that bag and hasn't broken off (AA tags are quite sturdy), including some ancient paper ones.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Arsey,
It might not have done you any good to consolidate your flights in to one or two carriers.
BA's records from the late 80s and the 90s are useless.
Arsey00 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.