Wiki Posts
Search

Excellent service in F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Excellent service in F

I’m currently in 1A on BA216 (IAD to LHR, to save CWS or LTNPhobia having to edit my posts, they do enough fantastic work here)

Excellent service tonight. Having filled up in the lounge (they had run out of duck so I settled for the rib eye) I’ve settled for the soup, cheese, and ice cream. CC have been fantastic, in both attentiveness and politeness.

I know it seems to have become customary here to knock BA and their perceived desire to head to the bottom, but tonight is most definitely not the case. Worth every penny, and everything I hoped for.

I don’t often have the chance to travel in F but tonight I am really enjoying it. Sadly I have run out of golden tickets, so tonight I can only award one in thought.

Jim

Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You can submit a Golden ticket online as well as doing a ba.com thank you. Nice to hear you're being well looked after
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Do I only get two?i have awarded both my physical tickets this year. Sorry if it’s a dumb question but it’s my first year as GGL.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Do I only get two?i have awarded both my physical tickets this year. Sorry if it’s a dumb question but it’s my first year as GGL.

I don't think there is a limit on online Golden Tickets

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/execclub/_gf/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=golden_tickets

or/and you can say a thank you if that applies to i.e. Golden Ticket to an individual and perhaps a thank you to anyone assisting? It's better to do one for each person as I understand it if that's applicable in your case.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/execclub/_gf/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=customer_compliments

Any of them will eventually filter down to the staff members via Management as I understand it.
HighwayToHEL and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:22 pm

Glad to hear it all went so well. I am flying the later flight,292(i think), iad/lhr in f in feb. While I don't fly it a lot I do fly it once in a while(last time in April). I so agree they often get a bad rap. I think sometimes people's expectation are not in sync with reality. YMMV.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Tickets on the way...

A lot of people think the CC have an easy life, but if you sit and watch them then you realise that’s untrue. I just hope a simple golden ticket from me helps to brighten up their day, as that will brighten mine too.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:25 pm

Thank you. Tickets on the way...

A lot of people think the CC have an easy life, but if you sit and watch them then you realise that’s untrue. I just hope a simple golden ticket from me helps to brighten up their day, as that will brighten mine too.
My pleasure and I'm sure the CC will appreciate the compliments/Golden Ticket/Thank You etc. Whether that's on BA or any line of work it's always nice to be appreciated
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Royal Orchid Silver, HH Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I flew that route last week in F and also had a fantastic experience.

My father was travelling with me and yesterday he took the infamous BA9 to Bangkok in club and called me earlier to say what a huge difference there was between the two in terms of service.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also had a great sector in First this week, BA099 LHR to YYZ, bus gate which wasn't exactly premium but I have got my positioning on the bus sorted now after a recent flight. Anyway I digress, service on board was superb, full cabin and i noticed a lot of pax eating at different times. I ordered a rare rib-eye to be served 3 hours into the flight which caused some discussion about the ovens not being great, credit to the crew though, steak was hot, med rare (what i wanted really) and served at the right time. Good to hear some positivity from others on here ...
peter.r.erskine likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Glad to hear you had a great experience! Out of curiosity, do you know if it was a Mixed Fleet Crew or a Worldwide Crew?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by thereandhere
I flew that route last week in F and also had a fantastic experience.

My father was travelling with me and yesterday he took the infamous BA9 to Bangkok in club and called me earlier to say what a huge difference there was between the two in terms of service.
I was on the BA292 on the 26th if that was your flight and gave out my first ever golden ticket, service on board was just flawless with a wonderful crew in F. A WW crew that were totally on top of their game and seemed to still be enjoying their work, too - I would pay a lot of money to have that crew on every flight.

Sadly BA then went and ruined it by my next flight being with a completely clueless crew on LHR-LBA in a less than half full CE cabin who did the bare minimum and managed to forget half of my simple drinks order (I got the water I asked for but the champagne never came). The combination of the two pretty much sums up BA for me.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
IAD is Worldwide crew. Without wanting to make sweeping generalisations, there’s no doubt in my mind that WW do often provide a superior premium experience, which is something that’s often backed up with by anecdotes on this forum.

And a good crew on BA can undoubtedly mask a pretty mediocre hard product.
peter.r.erskine likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
IAD is Worldwide crew. Without wanting to make sweeping generalisations, there’s no doubt in my mind that WW do often provide a superior premium experience, which is something that’s often backed up with by anecdotes on this forum.
Yet strangely enough all my F flights have been with WW crew....and they weren't exactly recently. Some were great some not.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

I know it seems to have become customary here to knock BA and their perceived desire to head to the bottom, but tonight is most definitely not the case. Worth every penny, and everything I hoped for.

I don’t often have the chance to travel in F but tonight I am really enjoying it. Sadly I have run out of golden tickets, so tonight I can only award one in thought.

Jim

Good to hear this extremely positive experience (along with several follow-up posts in similar complimentary vein), bringing a degree of balance to the very different - and very depressing - report of a BA F trip described today by BA regular mikeyfly.

I’ve lost count of the number of ‘Excellent service in F‘ threads / posts which just happen to crop up around the very same time as the ‘Disappointing First’ type of report.

Both variations on a theme appear with surprising regularity, and of course there is absolutely no reason to doubt the honesty of any FT-ers who come on to describe their subjective opinions & feelings after their BA flights ..... however good or however bad the experiences, and however diametrically opposed they can seem.

It is this very chasm between different flights, yet operated by the same airline, which I suspect genuinely baffles - and quite possibly frustrates - many passengers (including me).

So much so, that I can’t help wonder whether the ‘F’ might come to be seen not merely to denote First ; but perhaps as an abbreviation for Forrest Gump class, thus neatly extending his Momma’s homespun philosophy to encompass our flag carrier, BA, as it celebrates its centenary : the airline which (just as life itself) is “like a box of chocolates ..... you never know what you're gonna get.”

nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by subject2load

It is this very chasm between different flights, yet operated by the same airline, which I suspect genuinely baffles - and quite possibly frustrates - many passengers (including me).
I can help a bit. We are, I believe, joint admirers of Oman Air, a very tidy operator, with a great tradition of excellent on board service. Overall I am sure we both agree it's a good if small airline. And yet we are both aware of a number of posts / threads in the relevant forum of complaints, some fairly trivial, others less so. Some are "one off" incidents, others are more structural. Not many people fly Oman Air, and so there isn't a torrent of complaints but there are some. The BA forum is much larger, BA ships the equivalent of the population of Exeter every day of the week, plus there is a natural bias for complaints to surface on internet bulletin boards since it's a way of unleashing frustration. All we are seeing is a difference in scale here, and commenting on anecdotes has to be balanced against the sheer number of satisfied customers from whom we never hear. You can perhaps argue that one complaint is one too many, but that could be said of Oman Air too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.