Far Flung Toddlers

Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Far Flung Toddlers

No, not a complaint about children in F (that will come in January when he's flown to Singapore on the A380), but a modest moment of parental pride.

Bisonrav jr there, reaching 4 figures for TPs, and he's only just turned 4, with a TP reset just over the horizon in September.

He did consider going for gold, but has little interest in champagne, and feels that qualifying in October will get him gold for half a lifetime so is a better option.

I'm guessing this is far from being a record though. How far have you flung your toddler, BAEC wise?
THO, DiamondMile, golfmad and 11 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The thread title gave me images of toddlers being tossed at will throughout the plane.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:34 pm

I thought this was going to be about a toddler throwing a tantrum about the bad service in the CCR today
wrp96, HighwayToHEL and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
My daughter was 9 and a half when she achieved gold. Although I know there are others who were a lot younger than that. Maybe I should plan another TP run with her for next summer?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

He did have a spectacular DYKWIA tantrum at Kuching airport when he was told he couldn't have noodles in the lounge (because he was flying Air Asia).

Beyond that, he's reasonably tolerant, especially if they bring out the special reserve strawberry yoghurt (the staff at Edinburgh once managed to find him some after the breakfast cut-off point, for which he might well have proffered a tip, had that been the done thing in the UK and had he understood the concept).
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
My daughter was 9 and a half when she achieved gold. Although I know there are others who were a lot younger than that. Maybe I should plan another TP run with her for next summer?
"FFS, Not Jakarta AGAIN, Daddy?"
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:42 pm

I think my elder daughter would have exceeded that in her first year had we not done most of our traveling on avios. It also helped that I had taken a voluntary redundancy and had the time to do it all.

Three things have made it more difficult: her turning 2, which makes those award bookings harder to find, her going to school, which makes those award flights even harder to find and flying more expensive in general and finally the arrival of her younger sister.

I asked her the other day, while sitting down the back of an a320, if she remembered the nice seats that turned into beds. Nope. Still, I enjoyed it all.
James91 and the_outcast like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:53 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Our older son got his gold soon after his 4th birthday and has renewed since (coming upto seven now). He got into full conversation with the ladies at the First Wing last week about the new guesting privileges for GGL and how he thinks silvers get all the upgrades so that is where the sweet spot probably is. His younger brother got silver at 2 and isnt that bothered.
Toula, bisonrav, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I thought "far flung toddlers" was going to be about some irresponsible parents who let their toddlers run rampant all over the aircraft.
Auto Enthusiast and cruisr like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended

cringe
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:29 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I likely accumulated more flown miles than mini-bisonrav by the age of 4, but my parents were not so clued-up, so my flights were all on the cheapest possible Y tickets, on a mixture of airlines earning lots of small amounts in many programs which mostly expired without being used, or I later expended unnecessary effort to cash them out (like finally getting my dad to 20K VS miles to get HK$2000 off another Y flight).
wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

He's done about 102,000 miles in total, and often (particularly in Asia) gets his log book back with a comment that he's flown more miles than the FO.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:37 pm

My daughter's first BA flight was on May 17, 2018. She hit gold on May 5, 2019. She turned 4 later in May. Approx 130,000 miles flown already in her life 🙂

DiamondMile, bisonrav and Jed like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Jed
His younger brother got silver at 2 and isnt that bothered.
Yet!!
HighwayToHEL, wrp96 and Jed like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by :D!
I likely accumulated more flown miles than mini-bisonrav by the age of 4, but my parents were not so clued-up, so my flights were all on the cheapest possible Y tickets, on a mixture of airlines earning lots of small amounts in many programs which mostly expired without being used, or I later expended unnecessary effort to cash them out (like finally getting my dad to 20K VS miles to get HK$2000 off another Y flight).
Ha! I'm that type of father.

Bambino Jr - 6yrs , 122k miles, 82 segments, 40 different airports
Bambina Jr - 20mo, 40K miles, 30 segments, 20 different airports

A lot of this is due to there not being too many direct routes from YEG.
wrp96 and bisonrav like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.