Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad service in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I don’t hold a CCR card (and am very unlikely to ever acquire one), and so my only access is on the rare occasions that I book a BA flight in F.

What seems very clear, based on a range of different reports / opinions here on the thread, is that the standards maintained in the CCR can fluctuate every bit as much as any other element of a BA trip : whether that be the group boarding process, the cleanliness of tables in the GF lounge, the onboard service levels on any given flight (in any cabin), the response offered to feedback or grievances ...... or indeed anything else.

Some BA aficionados might come on to say that they are totally happy with all aspects of their BA travel ; though I suspect that - for a good number of FT-ers - a more realistic, balanced picture (including the CCR) is one characterised by a familiar theme of consistent inconsistency.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by subject2load
I don’t hold a CCR card (and am very unlikely to ever acquire one), and so my only access is on the rare occasions that I book a BA flight in F.

What seems very clear, based on a range of different reports / opinions here on the thread, is that the standards maintained in the CCR can fluctuate every bit as much as any other element of a BA trip : whether that be the group boarding process, the cleanliness of tables in the GF lounge, the onboard service levels on any given flight (in any cabin), the response offered to feedback or grievances ...... or indeed anything else.

Some BA aficionados might come on to say that they are totally happy with all aspects of their BA travel ; though I suspect that - for a good number of FT-ers - a more realistic, balanced picture (including the CCR) is one characterised by a familiar theme of consistent inconsistency.
👍

And weekly+ CCR denizens get a far better idea of the service norm than the infrequent.

The 4/5 times a year visitor is still left with the real chance of some duff experiences and can’t be blamed for wondering ‘is this it?’

As always in high-level hospitality, consistency is key. BA do not appear to be culturally able to achieve it.

SkyTeem likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
really good service today, and some​​​​​​​ lovely new dishes on the menu.

if it wasn’t for the loud “businessman” with absolutely no self-awareness, it would have been perfect
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
while i echo the hit or miss sentiments with CCR here, i have no issue with having to call out for assistance when needed, if having a seat in the lounge area, or when i am dining.

to a point above about staff being pro-active with newcomers, i do think it is difficult given the staff-to-passenger ratio in LHR.

quite the opposite is true at JFK where i cannot recall a single instance where upon sitting, literally anywhere in that lounge, there isnt a person there in 10-30 seconds asking what i would like. its remarkable how routinely excellent and friendly JFK staff at in the CCR.
DFB_london and rossmacd like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
really good service today, and some lovely new dishes on the menu.

if it wasn’t for the loud “businessman” with absolutely no self-awareness, it would have been perfect
Perfect for you. Others may have different versions of their perfect.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
really good service today, and some lovely new dishes on the menu.

The one going on about some car renovation?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
LOL The sole fact that the proper champ was held back for "the regulars" tells a lot about the CCR experience...

Is it not enough to purchase a F ticket now? You also need to be a "regular" to sip proper wine before your F flight? Seems a bit odd to me.
Markie, SkyTeem and ClosetoLHR like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
The one going on about some car renovation?
Yes, that one
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by MrALIG
I am maybe in the CCR 4 or 5 times a year, usually on a Sunday between a domestic flight and a transatlantic in First.

The service is usually very friendly once you get served, but for the last couple of years I find the staff quite willing to just ignore me unless I very deliberately get their attention. Maybe they have have been told not to disturb people, but I would have thought that they would be told to watch for new arrivals and ask if they need anything.

The lack of sockets and the very slow wifi are probably a bigger annoyance though.
I find this too, but it's everywhere for me not just the CCR so maybe I have an 'invisible' aura for bar and wait-staff
Gastrocnemius and pollycat like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
I have to echo the bad service comments. I was in CCR last Tuesday at T5 for my first time and didn't have a great experience. As a newbie I really had no idea where to go for anything. It didn't feel 'busy' as there was a ton of free seating and tables. Was pointed to one desk for Cabana check in and had to wait a few minutes before the correct person came by to check me in. Okay, not the biggest deal. Then later I wanted to dine in the proper dining area. Might have been the jet lag, but I really had no idea where to stand/check in to get a table. Ended up asking someone off to the site of the tables (the only person I saw not behind the bar) and she led me to the front of the tables where she herself seemed to have a hard time flagging down the right person to be seated. The duck was the driest foul I've ever had. It was a bit of meat and then mostly just incredibly overcooked duck where the meat and skin had become leather. Literally inedible. Was given a bread plate and butter, but never offered bread (no mention of bread anywhere). Afterwards went to the bar to try and get a drink. Waited for a good 10 minutes for someone to serve me because there were a few people waiting and the bar staff seemed to mostly be chatting with each other or complaining. No LPGS at all supposedly. Tried the Henriot and it was really just not that good.
Charlie at the bar did redeem the experience a little when he finally freed up. Good chat and an excellent espresso martini. However, I was a little put off with the amount of complaining/sniping between bar staff and servers. There was obviously one fellow who had no idea what he was doing. Overall, just no a selling point at all for F class. I wouldn't mind if they didn't try to hype it up and act like it's so bloody fantastic.

The big redeeming factor was the Cabana. Booked that 30 days in advance and was absolutely wonderful. Had a good sleep in that lounge chair and a GREAT shower.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by VSLover

quite the opposite is true at JFK where i cannot recall a single instance where upon sitting, literally anywhere in that lounge, there isnt a person there in 10-30 seconds asking what i would like. its remarkable how routinely excellent and friendly JFK staff at in the CCR.
That's because of the tips.........
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Been waiting for my scallops for 30 minutes. Was assured by our favourite supervisor that the delay is due to them being cooked from fresh. Another server - the fourth I have spoke to since I got here - has just appeared to ask me what I ordered as there is no record of it.

I rest my case.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Been waiting for my scallops for 30 minutes. Was assured by our favourite supervisor that the delay is due to them being cooked from fresh.
Hope you like chewing rubber!!!
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
They weren’t that bad.

The duck then didn’t turn up. When it eventually did, I asked for a glass of the Pessac Leognan. That never arrived. So I asked again, and again.

I ate the food before it got cold, with no wine.

Then I ordered the orange chocolate thing with a glass of the Muscat pudding wine.

Eventually, a glass of port and my missing Bordeaux arrived together. No pudding wine left.

Now sat here waiting for the pudding itself. Only been 20 minutes.

No one has filled my water glass since I sat down 90 minutes ago.

What a shambles.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yes I have to say, recently I’ve found the service really lacking in the CCR. It is meant to be the top lounge and as such should have impeccable service. I am always surprised when they stick trainees and new starts in the CCR. I’d have thought it would be more productive to let them earn their place in the CCR by proving themselves in the other lounges.

I recently ordered the duck and it was served without the sauce. I asked for the sauce and it never arrived. I also asked the a glass of the Bordeaux which also never arrived despite asking several times.

Overall, the service is ok and sometimes slightly better than ok, but more often than not I find it below par.
HFHFFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.