Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA15 SIN - SYD lands, finally (after making pretty line drawings on the map)

BA15 SIN - SYD lands, finally (after making pretty line drawings on the map)

Old Aug 30, 19, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Would I be right in thinking that the aircraft types in question (primarily 77W for BA, 388 for QF and SQ and possibly EK) would be unlikely to try to to land on 34R anyway, so whether or not SYD is formally operating a single runway at that time of the morning is beside the point.
Yes, as you say, between 0500 and 0600 there are only a few exempted arrivals so any single runway restriction is not an issue. From 0600 this morning, both southerly runways were immediately in use. I think the comment was a general one about the (busier) rest of the day and in low visibility.

Re non-stop timings. Yes, the current market seems to prefer the evening departures (I suppose less daytime spent and for those travelling onwards, better connections), but I think sleep patterns could be improved without the intermediate stop. Personally, despite the quick escape from the airport thanks to BA15 being first arrival of the day, I don't enjoy the short sector from SIN or the 0500 arrivals - my first day in SYD is always an endurance test!
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 2:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Bullswood View Post
... Personally, despite the quick escape from the airport thanks to BA15 being first arrival of the day, I don't enjoy the short sector from SIN or the 0500 arrivals - my first day in SYD is always an endurance test!
I agree, and that is the reason I try to avoid red eye early departure JFK-LHR flights.

Old Aug 30, 19, 3:22 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Would I be right in thinking that the aircraft types in question (primarily 77W for BA, 388 for QF and SQ and possibly EK) would be unlikely to try to to land on 34R anyway, so whether or not SYD is formally operating a single runway at that time of the morning is beside the point.
id have to look up the restrictions and youre probably right, I only really mention it as the single runway has from time to time of late been even worse than that, with landings only possible from the city side, which would presumably bugger things up totally even with the exception to curfew. It of course also has the potential to cause issues if they end up arriving a bit late (again appreciate that is not today)
Old Aug 30, 19, 3:54 am

Programs: QF WP
[duplicate]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: