Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Further Drone Disruption 13th September

LHR Further Drone Disruption 13th September

Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
I guess I asked for that.

I'll rephrase - would you take BA at their word that they will be running a full schedule or would you book a cheaper alternative - just in case. I'm loathe to give up my J booking on the A380 to wnd up down the back of a 757.
I think that if I could afford a cheaper alternative I might book it. Maybe a fully refundable one. But I suspect it will be quashed by plod.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm due to fly back into LHR and on to MAN on the 13th, and my BA booking is now showing an option for rebooking (though it's confusingly just below a message relating to the industrial action, which afaik isn't taking place on the 13th). Can anyone advise whether I should be booking? The news seems to have gone very quiet on the protest threat
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by buouxboy
I'm due to fly back into LHR and on to MAN on the 13th, and my BA booking is now showing an option for rebooking (though it's confusingly just below a message relating to the industrial action, which afaik isn't taking place on the 13th). Can anyone advise whether I should be booking? The news seems to have gone very quiet on the protest threat
Indeed, I can see the same.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
BA was offering free rebooking due to the strike action for anyone travelling until 13th Sep. Even though the strike is only for the 9th and 10th, they were allowing rebooking for passengers on other dates to free up a bit of space on the aircraft to reaccommodate passengers from the cancelled flights. That has nothing to do with this drone "threat", which is unlikely to materialise in my view.
florens and buouxboy like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Ah! Gotcha; good to know. Thanks very much!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:45 am

I'm in the same boat, flight on the 13th showing in red and slightly concerned about the protest action planned.
Phoned BA today and the woman said my flight was confirmed and she knew nothing abut the planned attempted disruption. I asked if I could change my flight and was told no (not without a cost anyway) due it not being impacted by the IA and planning on running as normal.

I really don't know what to make of the planned protest. Surely the Met and Heathrow would have contingency plans by now given the notice they've had but wanting to keep their cards close to their chest and not release anything publicly? It's all gone quiet on the media front but maybe they've put a ban on it to stop worried passengers or to give Heathrow Pause any more attention.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Here’s hoping they don’t know about geofencing
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ollyc
I'm in the same boat, flight on the 13th showing in red and slightly concerned about the protest action planned.
Phoned BA today and the woman said my flight was confirmed and she knew nothing abut the planned attempted disruption. I asked if I could change my flight and was told no (not without a cost anyway) due it not being impacted by the IA and planning on running as normal.

I really don't know what to make of the planned protest. Surely the Met and Heathrow would have contingency plans by now given the notice they've had but wanting to keep their cards close to their chest and not release anything publicly? It's all gone quiet on the media front but maybe they've put a ban on it to stop worried passengers or to give Heathrow Pause any more attention.
your flight on the 13th is red due to proximity to the ba pilots strike. The rebooking policy allows rebooking on to a ba flight on another day. See the help desk thread for details.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

your flight on the 13th is red due to proximity to the ba pilots strike. The rebooking policy allows rebooking on to a ba flight on another day. See the help desk thread for details.
Thanks Karfa, however the lady I spoke to on the phone disagreed with that. Whilst the flight was in red, she told me the flight was confirmed so nothing she could do in regards to moving the flight without a charge. I may try again in the morning and see if I get a different answer, although I doubt it.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ollyc
Thanks Karfa, however the lady I spoke to on the phone disagreed with that. Whilst the flight was in red, she told me the flight was confirmed so nothing she could do in regards to moving the flight without a charge. I may try again in the morning and see if I get a different answer, although I doubt it.
she was wrong. See the help desks thread with the full rebooking guidelines for the pilots strike which cover flights on 13 September.

my only thought was you probably talked about the protest disruption for which there are no rebooking guidelines. Your flight can be changed for free because of the strikes not the protest.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

she was wrong. See the help desks thread with the full rebooking guidelines for the pilots strike which cover flights on 13 September.

my only thought was you probably talked about the protest disruption for which there are no rebooking guidelines. Your flight can be changed for free because of the strikes not the protest.
Thank you very much, I will try again tomorrow and try and rebook. The only problem maybe that I will be trying to book for the previous day (12th) and extend the holiday by 1 day rather than lose one. The flight for the 12th is accepting bookings so I would like to assume this flight is confirmed and operating (LHR - Toronto).
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Sky news have posted a comment piece on this proposed action suggesting the protest could backfire:

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views...006?inApp=true
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
The Gold line was completely unaware of the action when I spoke to them last week.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
For what it's worth, a tweet I sent to LHR last week asking about the protests was picked up by a producer at Victoria Derbyshire's program on BBC2. I was asked to come on today and speak on air with some of the protesters. I can't make it but they will be airing the discussion at 10:30am ish BBC2 and should be on the iplayer after.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
For what it's worth, a tweet I sent to LHR last week asking about the protests was picked up by a producer at Victoria Derbyshire's program on BBC2. I was asked to come on today and speak on air with some of the protesters. I can't make it but they will be airing the discussion at 10:30am ish BBC2 and should be on the iplayer after.
Why do you think giving this the oxygen of publicity will help?
Silver Fox likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.