Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR - AMS Available Fare Codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

BA LHR - AMS Available Fare Codes

I was looking at LHR-AMS pricing and noticed that almost every day, full fare is the only price available. After reviewing EF, all fare codes other than Y and B are "0" until EOS.

Is this an indication that there may be a pending frequency change to the schedule for this route or is this a possible glitch, it has been this way for over a day.

Just curious if anybody has seen something like this in the past.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
I was looking at LHR-AMS pricing and noticed that almost every day, full fare is the only price available. After reviewing EF, all fare codes other than Y and B are "0" until EOS.

Is this an indication that there may be a pending frequency change to the schedule for this route or is this a possible glitch, it has been this way for over a day.

Ironically I have just had the same issue. Ill be observing waiting for answers.

By the way it's the same story in Club Europe.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A regular on here observed the same issue this morning. I am not sure if he got any satisfaction from BA but their reasoning makes no sense. Perhaps they will provide more detail soon.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by madfish
A regular on here observed the same issue this morning. I am not sure if he got any satisfaction from BA but their reasoning makes no sense. Perhaps they will provide more detail soon.
That would be me! I called the GGL team today to point out the error. After checking with her team leader, the woman I spoke with told me it was probably because they were keeping seats available for disruption during the strikes. I pointed out that it was only this route, only flights out of Heathrow and was for pretty much every flight for the next year. I asked her to raise it with Rev Man, but she’d pretty much switched off by then and decided her team leader was clearly right. I’ll call again tomorrow as it affecting a friend’s booking - he understandably doesn’t want to pay £326 for a one way ticket to Amsterdam that was £60 yesterday. Hopefully I’ll get somebody who 1) listens and 2) understands fares. I’m not holding my breath
george77300, stewaran and madfish like this.

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Aug 28, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

That would be me! I called the GGL team today to point out the error. After checking with her team leader, the woman I spoke with told me it was probably because they were keeping seats available for disruption during the strikes. I pointed out that it was only this route, only flights out of Heathrow and was for pretty much every flight for the next year. I asked her to raise it with Rev Man, but she’d pretty much switched off by then and decided her team leader was clearly right. I’ll call again tomorrow as it affecting a friend’s booking - he understandably doesn’t want to pay £326 for a one way ticket to Amsterdam that was £60 yesterday. Hopefully I’ll get somebody who 1) listens and 2) understands fares. I’m not holding my breath
This could make some sense. Perhaps they are holding a reserve to send passengers on KL via AMS when they've exhausted OW rebooking options.

I wonder if CDG flights are also affected similarly.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
This could make some sense. Perhaps they are holding a reserve to send passengers on KL via AMS when they've exhausted OW rebooking options.

I wonder if CDG flights are also affected similarly.
I was looking at the same. They have removed it for everyday (until July 2020). And just AMS as far as I can see. There is no way this can be strike related surely.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
And interestingly no avoid availability until mid October
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't looked into this in any detail (though I can see examples for mid October) and I can't explain it. However I do know that if the OP was blocked from coming up with a reasonable fare, then so too would everyone else. Notably end-on pricing will be disrupted. So at some point BA will notice their LHR-AMS services are empty and customers are being decanted to KLM. You just need to wait a bit, worst case would be after the strike is resolved. Because at that point we will see the pendulum going to the other extreme, low prices in an attempt to resolve very poor loads.

I note that LCY-AMS and LGW-AMS are not affected, so that's a work around if it won't wait.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Yup having the same issue just about to book a quick trip to AMS for a conference. Hmmmm
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I note that LCY-AMS and LGW-AMS are not affected, so that's a work around if it won't wait.
This is what makes the whole thing very curious.

If revenue management haven't done this deliberately and it's taken a couple of days for them to notice, that's distinctly inefficient!
teledude likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
All very interesting.

(Probably totally unrelated) I thought I noticed a perceived drop in loads over the past weeks (and compared to last summer) which I saw as another precursor for an imminent recession at least on one side of the North Sea.

At least seat blocking has been working for me finally again on this route

Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Seems to be resolved now. I'm seeing normal pricing again.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, the date I checked in mid September some 3 hours ago now seems to have reverted to normal.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, the date I checked in mid September some 3 hours ago now seems to have reverted to normal.
Whoever it was who took the strong coffee round to the department, thank you!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CNMAZ

I had the sane scenario with ARN a couple of weeks ago. Tried it a few days later and had AMS-LHR back to £40 odd early Jan. Mind you my Starbucks App was showing £96:00 credit for about 10 minutes on Tuesday until it reverted back to £1:90 .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.