Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the AA lounge for Silver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Access to the AA lounge for Silver

Moved from my BA to an AA flight out of JFK due to strike. I'm BAEC Silver but BA have rebooked me into AA's lowest fare bucket for Y, on 125 ticket stock. I assume getting to the AA lounge is not an issue?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Just show your Silver BA card when checking in at the lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
is your BAEC not in the newly issued ticket?
If not just tell in the counter to add it as they rebooked you. Once I have been rebooked in AA, my BAEC was there from the prev reservation though.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Yes, my number was transferred over but with me now being in a lower fare bucket I wasn't sure what AA's rule is. Good to know I can get in there.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PAL62V
Yes, my number was transferred over but with me now being in a lower fare bucket I wasn't sure what AA's rule is. Good to know I can get in there.
With Silver status, I can get into AA lounges even on lowest bucket economy fares on flights solely within the US. I frequently take advantage of this.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Fare basis has nothing to do with lounge access on AA.
PAL62V likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.