Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drinks limit in AAdmirals for BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Drinks limit in AAdmirals for BAEC

I’m at LAX currently in an AAdmirals lounge - apparently the usual quota is 2 per person but weirdly BAEC and Qantas are unlimited - though the computer had issues processing this. Kindof appreciate the sentiment.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Admirals Clubs went to free "well" alcoholic beverage drinks some time ago. The coupons (now going electronic) are for premium top shelf alcoholic beverages. Oneworld emerald and sapphire flyers are eligible for at least two (and it used to be more) premium drink coupons; some have reported the extra premium coupons being not as available, although I have not had any issues this year.
See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...14-2019-a.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ns-2019-a.html
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chazman189
I’m at LAX currently in an AAdmirals lounge - apparently the usual quota is 2 per person but weirdly BAEC and Qantas are unlimited - though the computer had issues processing this. Kindof appreciate the sentiment.
In many of the AA lounges now, you simply present your boarding pass and no actual premium drinks vouchers are issued. Indeed it is a maximum of two and these two include bottles of water. And we are not exactly talking the likes of Fiji water here...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:41 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I recently was in a AAdmirals lounge, and told to present the boarding pass for 2 premium drinks. I didn't want to have to find out what was a premium drink, and then also tip the barman for the privilege.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I only use the "premium" option to get bottled water, but I suppose the premium drinks are beers like Samuel Adams, champagne/prosecco, cocktails...
I really prefer the voucher system, though. Last time in LAX even the AC supervisor needed 10 minutes to figure out how to enter the BPs info in the bar tiil.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chazman189
I’m at LAX currently in an AAdmirals lounge

If you are at LAX, in T4 (between Gate 41-43) there is also an AA Flagship Lounge, which is much quieter and has a pretty good selection of food as well.

Last edited by YacozA; Aug 28, 2019 at 4:43 am Reason: Fixing gate numbers
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador

We flew from Austin last week and a red ‘squiggle’ was written on our BA boarding cards. We had to show them at the bar for unlimited free drinks, well except for the tip the barman expected. There were prices on the menu which non BA passengers had to pay. $14 for a glass of vino.....
Andriyko likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 28, 2019 at 7:32 am Reason: Image containing BP barcode removed for privacy
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MrsW
We flew from Austin last week and a red ‘squiggle’ was written on our BA boarding cards. We had to show them at the bar for unlimited free drinks, well except for the tip the barman expected. There were prices on the menu which non BA passengers had to pay. $14 for a glass of vino.....
I now wonder if it's because you were on a BA flight since BA would be footing the bill in this case. Since BA offers unlimited drinks in its own lounges, it may very well be that in order to offer consistent experience they asked AA to offer unlimited drinks for BA pax as well (just a theory - I don't know if it's true). The 2 drinks limit has so far been only reported for AA flights when using the status to enter the lounge.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
My experience is two premium drinks as OWE travelling on AA on an AA ticket. Otherwise only free soft drinks etc and Bud Light. Urgh.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:09 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I now wonder if it's because you were on a BA flight since BA would be footing the bill in this case. Since BA offers unlimited drinks in its own lounges, it may very well be that in order to offer consistent experience they asked AA to offer unlimited drinks for BA pax as well (just a theory - I don't know if it's true). The 2 drinks limit has so far been only reported for AA flights when using the status to enter the lounge.
I’m afraid I’ll have to debunk this theory! My last BA flight/AA Club experience was from PIT - two premium drinks, on the boarding pass. BA prime flight number as well.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:20 am
Suspended

My God! In the land which invented all-you-can-eat, free refills, and flatrates, they ration the drinks. Pathetic.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by YacozA
If you are at LAX, in T4 (between Gate 61-63) there is also an AA Flagship Lounge, which is much quieter and has a pretty good selection of food as well.
At T4, opposite Gate 40, there is an entrance common for AA's Admiral's Club and Flagship lounges. On registration at the entrance level, one will, if qualified, be presented with a black invitation card, for entrance to the FL, where there's an open self-service bar, and no vouchers needed. As mentioned above, there's also a buffet with "pretty good selection", uncomparable to the Minestroni soup that always seems to be the only available item in the AC. Symbolically, there's a nice touch as one turns left from the elevator to access the FL

AA also has flights out of T5, which is accessible from T4 via a tunnel. In T5 there is an AC to the left when entering the departure gates floor from the escalator, but sadly no FL here.

Entering T4 from security screening, straight forward is an escalator leading to a walkway to TBIT (lesser known as Terminal B), where there is the great QF First Lounge, which IMHO is well worth the 2 x 7min walk from T4. Although not all wines are from Down Under, the selection of both wines and other drinks is a tad better than in the FL, and with a bartender waiting to serve you.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by speed.skater
My God! In the land which invented all-you-can-eat, free refills, and flatrates, they ration the drinks. Pathetic.
drinks aren’t rationed in general. only if you want top shelf alcohol rather than their house brands.

At SFO last month I was told 2 drinks (I’d initially asked about the vouchers when I arrived and was told they now scan BPs) initially but if I wanted more to go back to the front desk they would reset the system - though I didn’t need to do that.

Its different in flagship lounges where it’s serve yourself.

in my case I was on an AA flight to ORD on an AA flight number using my Emerald status.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Otherwise only free soft drinks etc, and including Bud Light. Urgh.
Fixed that for you!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My experience here so far has been quite lounge/staff dependent. A couple of times after being handed the 2 coupons, the agent would add - if you need more, just drop by for more.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.