FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seats on BA and their dimensions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1984207-seats-ba-their-dimensions.html)

Jagboi Aug 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe (Post 31452273)
Of course, the centre of the seat back is marked quite nicely with tray table lock thing. David Walliams probably knows the proper name for it!

Doesn't work for bulkhead or exit rows where there isn't a seat in front of you!

TedToToe Aug 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31453236)
Doesn't work for bulkhead or exit rows where there isn't a seat in front of you!

But then, within each cabin, bulkhead or exit row seats are unlikely to differ with respect to dimensions A, C or D.

Jagboi Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe (Post 31453257)

But then, within each cabin, bulkhead or exit row seats are unlikely to differ with respect to dimensions A, C or D.

C can be narrower when the tray table is in the armrest.

TedToToe Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31453284)
C can be narrower when the tray table is in the armrest.

That is true. It will be interesting to see the data as it is populated.

jbfield Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31453236)

For ‘A’, one should really be measuring the pair of seats one is sat in rather than the pair in front, hence bulk head is not an issue, but the last row is.

This would also deal with seats that are misaligned with the ones in front (even if their frames connect to the same floor harness).

wilsnunn Nov 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Are measurements being actively taken on flights? If so would it be possible for some sort of community document where we can see which measurements have been taken so that we can crowd source more, a Google Sheet would work well for that.

Secondly, if people are actively taking measurements, are they using an actual measuring tape or something like the measurement app on an iPhone. If using the iPhone measurements, I suppose that on the document there should be a note as to whether it was an actual measurement or a "digital" measurement for potential accuracy fluctuations.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 16, 2019 1:15 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 31741600)
Are measurements being actively taken on flights? If so would it be possible for some sort of community document where we can see which measurements have been taken so that we can crowd source more, a Google Sheet would work well for that.

Well I was thinking it would be quickest if I take all the measurements but I've been a bit lackadaisical in this area recently. I do travel with a traditional tape measure, and though other people may get slightly different centimetres, if I did it all then it would at least be internally consistent throughout. I do have a few updates however, so I'll them in later today once my phone has charged up.

wilsnunn May 16, 2020 8:13 am

corporate-wage-slave sorry to ping you here, but I was wondering if you would be able to upload any updates that you might have to this thread.

A lack of flying must surely be getting to me if I want to start looking at seat measurements...

corporate-wage-slave May 16, 2020 8:57 am

Yes, I think I have some updates. I will see if I can revise this thread tomorrow.

Prospero Jan 8, 2023 9:51 am

Resurrecting this thread with a fresh observation. Having recently flown on board the 787-10, the Club World Suite seemed to me to be ever so slightly narrower than the example fitted to the 777. I didn't have a tape measure on hand to check but I'd guess the 787-10 seat is about 2cm narrower. Can anyone confirm please