BA's birthday

Old Aug 25, 19, 4:40 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
We all got a choc on the CDG-LHR today, not a collectors item
Old Aug 25, 19, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, BW Diamond Select, Raddison Rewards Gold
Chocolate on disembarkation from BA1338 back to NCL in ET tonight. They also came through handing them to kids during the flight. No mention of BA100 by any of the crew, although I'd imagine it might have been wise given the celebrations consisted of a single chocolate.

We silently toasted the occasion with Speedbird 100 which was missing from the lounge on board, at £4.45 a can.
Old Aug 25, 19, 5:35 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
We travelled as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children). At the First Wing check in, small boxed BA100 Victoria sandwich cakes offered for the children. My wife and I would have liked one too but were too embarrassed to ask. Nothing special in GF lounge apart from the decorated horse.

Went to the gate, told flight was inoperable and hence advised to head back to the lounge. We did so, to then be told at the entrance to GF that the flight was ready for boarding after all and to head back to the gate (not before I spotted some more of the boxed cake at the entry desk, so got 1 each for me and my wife).

On board in ET, BA100 chocolate (hotel chocolat) handed out from a basket. Took my son to the loo and given another 4 pieces. As others have said, no mention of the big birthday at any time in any of the announcements or when the chocolate was handed out.

Overall, I thought the cake and chocolate were nice touches, although a free drink in ET would have been even nicer (as well as free pour LPGS in GF)
Old Aug 25, 19, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
JFK-LHR tonight in Club has special all-white White Company amenity kits and blue microfiber pillows embroidered with the 100th birthday logo. Unclear if we’re supposed to keep the pillows.

Also, some special British dishes in the lounge.
Old Aug 25, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by SJC AA View Post
JFK-LHR tonight in Club has special all-white White Company amenity kits and blue microfiber pillows embroidered with the 100th birthday logo. Unclear if we’re supposed to keep the pillows.

Fag-g-ots (apparently this is an expletive minus the hyphens) and dumplings and pie and gravy and mash?
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
Fag-g-ots (apparently this is an expletive minus the hyphens) and dumplings and pie and gravy and mash?
It’s a slur, yes.

Bangers and mash with gravy in pre-flight dining (the tastiest thing there). Scones (lol) in the club lounge. Special cocktails at that weird new staffed bar in the club lounge.
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by JustTheOne View Post
LHR-BHD yesterday (August 24): a box of two anniversary Hotel Chocolat pralines on the Club Europe tray, and the crew handed everyone on the plane a BA 100 bar of chocolate from a basket as we disembarked.

BHD-LHR today (August 25): nothing at all (oh, apart from some bunting on the check-in desk).

Consistently inconsistent!
This is correct - the chocolates were only loaded for ex-London sectors. Club were meant to get a box of two truffles on the meal tray, and Traveller the small chocolate bar. This all should have been accompanied by this PA:

Ladies and gentlemen, we are delighted to have​ you​ join us ​
today ​ in ​ celebrating ​ our ​ centenary ​ birthday ​ weekend. ​ Our​ ​
cabin ​ crew ​ will​ ​ proudly ​ be ​ offering ​ chocolate ​ treats ​
(shortly/as you​ disembark the aircraft).​ On behalf of all​ of us ​
at British Airways, thank you for your loyalty.
Old Aug 25, 19, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
At LCY today, one of the (Menzies) gate agents was modelling the very striking British Caledonian 1988 red tartan uniform.
Old Aug 25, 19, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by fatmac70 View Post
At ORD last night - staff in retro uniforms, balloons and 100 year signs. They also gave out a cookie with 100 year anniversary. A pretty good show.
Also travelling from ORD...slightly marred by a 3 hour delay on the A380 service. Special 100 year birthday washbag and cushion (in F...which we can apparently keep).

Old Aug 26, 19, 2:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Terrific. I sent a card. ������
Old Aug 26, 19, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by SJC AA View Post

Those kits have been around for a few weeks - I think are for the whole of August.
Old Aug 26, 19, 2:45 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris9642 View Post
Those kits have been around for a few weeks - I think are for the whole of August.
Yes, I got my BA 100 washbag in F on 1 August - didn't get one on the return trip though....
Old Aug 26, 19, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Chocolate on disembarking the BA438 LHR-AMS yesterday. Strictly one per person.

Nothing on the return 443.

Oh, and the horse in the Lounge was decorated.

Old Aug 26, 19, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
That horse just looks pathetic.
Old Aug 26, 19, 4:56 am

BA also celebrated its birthday, in the most authentic possible way, by losing my luggage.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: