Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's birthday

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:20 am

My kids got "mini adventurer" bags this morning at the family check-in. The older one is currently busy colouring in the pictures in the little book that was in the bag (no pencils in the bag but she never travels without some).

No pressies for me though 🤔
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There's a lot of talk about what BA is giving away to celebrate 100 years but aren't they supposed to be given something too as it's their birthday? If correct, their wish list is a new IT infrastructure and 200 new pilots
orbitmic, nancypants and AJA_ like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club

Champers out in the club lounge today in T5 South

But no glasses....
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Sitting in the CCR. No sign of birthday-ness. Ordered a pot of tea, and was not brought birthday cake - can I make an EU261 claim?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Trent900
Has anyone got Seq 001 on Sunday?
I got a sequence 001 to fly today (Sunday) is that what you meant. The plane to Genoa from LGW was delayed half an hour as all bags had to be unpacked and reloaded due to no show passenger, breakfast was horrid English (very early start!) and we got two Hotel Chocolat choccies to celebrate. Fab crew though - shame my birthday is tomorrow
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Some sort of photo-shoot going on outside G-LCYD (that's suppose to be taking me to AMS in 30mins :/) at London City right now. Guess they'll end up in the media sometime in the next 24 hours?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by pacenotes

Champers out in the club lounge today in T5 South

But no glasses....
Can we blame the weirdo recently seen to be helping himself to champers glasses (as per ‘acceptable amount to steal’ thread) ..............
pacenotes and AJA_ like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Live from Madrid #BA100

HIDDY likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Aug 25, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I wonder how many meetings they had to decide to give away a piece of chocolate to some passengers to mark 100 - and how many times the specification was reduced during those meetings to make sure it cost next to nothing. On a day where five miles from LHR the temperature is currently 32c I would imagine the chocolate is all very sticky.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Live from Madrid #BA100

Oh, that's a box of chocolate. I guess the amount of chocolate varies by band?? I mean a once in a century cost has to be fairly spread across the various destinations 😂
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Red wash bags for ladies with 100 in F
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Apart from the occasional treat for ladies in F, and (a singular?) chocolate for some other pax, I get the feeling that this Birthday Party in one where the Marquee wasn’t delivered and the Conjurer’s Doves escaped. Oh, and the Comedian in his yellow jacket failed to turn up at all.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Is this a discussion about what’s in the party bags? Jaysus, remind me not to invite you guys to my birthday. Seriously.

HIDDY and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by lhrpete
I wonder how many meetings they had to decide to give away a piece of chocolate to some passengers to mark 100 ...............On a day where five miles from LHR the temperature is currently 32c I would imagine the chocolate is all very sticky.

Yes, I would imagine so. Things are getting very sticky indeed. And we’re not even into sticky September just yet.

Although - in defence of this magnanimous gesture of providing a few choccies - there is probably no other airline with greater experience than BA where meltdowns are concerned.
lhrpete, T8191 and MiraculousM like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Is this a discussion about what’s in the party bags? Jaysus, remind me not to invite you guys to my birthday. Seriously.

In terms of first world problems you're kinda right. But I live in the Netherlands where I've gotten used to the birthday person buying the cake

Secondly you can't spend the first 8months 24 days of the year talking about how great it is, that it's your 100th birthday this year. To only then do nothing when your actual birthday arrives. It's a bit anti climactic. But maybe it was seen in poor taste with the upcoming strikes etc? Especially as how quickly the domestic 747s back fired?

Anyway here's the celebratory horse in galleries first. With the only reference to ba100 I've seen, even the speedbird beer seems absent from the fridges :/
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.