Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Cabin crew are all getting iPhones

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

I also heard this from a member of the worldwide cabin crew, he was quite (perhaps understandably) cynical and said it was so they could reduce customer staff on the ground.
I mean it wouldn't surprise me, Cruz loves to save money where he can. In slight defense though they also introduced the cross-skilled floor walkers at LHR recently so maybe, just maybe, it's a legitimate move to actually improve CS across the board.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
David Walliams dressed as CC saying “The iPhone says no” in response to “Will I make my connection?” anyone?

Not sure putting CC front and centre for any aspect of service delivery outside the aircraft is fair or appropriate really.
James91 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Cabin staff and iphones

Hi

CSD just showed me his iPhone XR which is being selectively rolled out to certain staff. It allows them to see a profile of each pax. I don’t recall seeing a thread on this and I’m typing this on my own phone, so does anyone have any more info on what the staff can actually see about the pax? Just curious. I didn’t see much on the screen but see that the first item on the list had a gold GGL icon - I’m GGL and in 1A.

Jim
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There was a thread in the the last couple of weeks probably with a less obvious thread title though!

supposed to improve the service by allowing more intra crew communication so for example the crew member taking your drink order messages it to the galley instead of writing it down then going to the galley and back and forth.

Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
BA Cabin crew are all getting iPhones
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
The details visible are: name, involuntary upgrade/downgrade, employer (if on a corporate booking), CIV, BA or oneworld frequent flyer status, recent service history (including any delays, upgrades or downgrades), future bookings, connecting flights, recognition messages eg birthday, welcome to Silver etc, messages from crew on previous flight (eg to say you didn’t get first choice of meal so to prioritise, or to say you’re celebrating an anniversary so be extra nice, or could be to say you got drunk and disruptive so to monitor alcohol consumption!) special meal requests, and any SCP indicators (such as wheelchair, blind, inadmissible, infant etc).

Crew are not allowed to share this info with customers.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Wonder if it might include "Check if pax is taking their last sector to their Ex EU start point"
SKRan, babats, george77300 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
No 'FT member' field? How disappointing...
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
No 'FT member' field? How disappointing...
They can tell that anyway ;-)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
What about probability of being gay?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by zappomatic
Crew are not allowed to share this info with customers.
Not sure about that. Never really been happy with people holding data on me and saying you can't see it. It's not as if they're members of the Secret Service.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Lizie
Not sure about that. Never really been happy with people holding data on me and saying you can't see it. It's not as if they're members of the Secret Service.
If they won't reveal in the moment, surely we can ask for a GDPR request. This is personal info.
rockflyertalk and Lizie like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lizie
I am sure the rule is really about cabin crew not showing you information themselves. There are mechanisms to get the information held on you from BA - see this thread for an example What does BA define as a "sensitive customer"?
alex67500 and Lizie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.