Wiki Posts
Search

Where's Jack [Daniels]?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:02 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JayeJ
I suppose saying Whisky from Tennessee is something of an oxymoron to a Scot.
You mean WhiskEy, don't you
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
The important thing here is that Kahlua has been sourced and I can have a couple of espresso martini's on Wednesday.

Sod it im considering contact you first, telling them to tell the staff to source a bottle and i'll pay for it out of my own pocket if need be.
coxm and alex67500 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by phenombr
Regular Jack Daniel’s is bad, but Gentleman Jack is decent.
"Regular" Jack (No. 7) is actually now surpassed, many believe, by Jim Beam on the well shelf. Even though Jack is technically Tennessee whiskey, Jim a bourbon. Jim is barreled for longer and Jack is said to have been watered down recently (it is sold at 80 proof, down from 86 I think).
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
I noticed they removed grey goose and enhanced with ciroc. May as well stay blue now.

Last edited by yb90; Aug 25, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
You do realise that Bourbon doesn't actually have to be from Kentucky ? Any sour mash (made mostly from corn) as long as it's made in the US qualifies...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA gold
First they took my Irn Bru.

Now they took my Jack?!

That's it, never flying BA again.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Interestingly I discovered today (en route to ZRH with EasyJet from LGW South), No 1 Lounges are also no longer serving Jack Daniels. In favour of Jim Beam (poor choice).

Made me wonder whether some smart arse at Jack Daniels UK decided to ramp up the wholesale price.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
The choice of drinks in GF on Sunday was a little disappointing. Ciroc and Grey Goose Vodka has gone and replaced by Ketel. Bombay Sapphire Gin has been replaced by Tanquaray. First world problems I guess.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
The choice of drinks in GF on Sunday was a little disappointing. Ciroc and Grey Goose Vodka has gone and replaced by Ketel. Bombay Sapphire Gin has been replaced by Tanquaray. First world problems I guess.
'Tanky Ten' or just the standard stuff? imho it does make a difference. Might have to slip a bottle of the Ciroc Lemon into the CCR less Mrs Clam kicks off later today as she's a fan of that when it comes to the flavoured Ruskie Water.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
'Tanky Ten' or just the standard stuff? imho it does make a difference. Might have to slip a bottle of the Ciroc Lemon into the CCR less Mrs Clam kicks off later today as she's a fan of that when it comes to the flavoured Ruskie Water.
Just the standard stuff.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Originally Posted by alex67500
You do realise that Bourbon doesn't actually have to be from Kentucky ? Any sour mash (made mostly from corn) as long as it's made in the US qualifies...
True. But the charcoal filter in Tennessee takes out most of the taste, and the Mormons in Utah drop the alcohol content. Switch out that corn for rye, and we are good to go all over the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.