Am I DYKWIA?

Old Aug 20, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
I went back to visit a friend in economy leaving my unopened drink and snack on my table...when I return the drink was empty and an empty snack wrapper lay on the tray....seated near the lavatory.
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:23 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
This issue is a regular feature on FT.
The main reason for the elite of Y using the front loo where the plebs sit is the BOB cart, and the crew on the BOB cart being, er, how to put this nicely? - not willing to move said cart.
And for some of us, when we need to go, we need to go.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue, Target RedCard
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Seem to remember SAS not segregating the toffs from the minions on short haul flights....especially when it came to using the lav. At least they never bothered on the flights I used to take. Then again, the Scandinavians don't bother about such things anyway.
SAS doesn't sell business class on shorthaul. Their highest cabin is "SAS Plus," which on longhaul is Premium Economy. Just a branding thing I guess, but also sets expectations at their appropriate level for the seats/service on their shorthaul product, IMHO.
Old Aug 20, 19, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
As I understand it the ex-BMI aircraft have a different style of cabin divider to the rest of the fleet. Not only is this less sturdy and more prone to damage, replacement parts are hard to come by hence many missing dividers.
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by SkyTeem View Post
SAS doesn't sell business class on shorthaul. Their highest cabin is "SAS Plus," which on longhaul is Premium Economy. Just a branding thing I guess, but also sets expectations at their appropriate level for the seats/service on their shorthaul product, IMHO.
You'll know better than me as it's been years since I last flew them. That was definitely in J ARN-FCO.
Old Aug 20, 19, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, BA GfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
This issue is a regular feature on FT.
The main reason for the elite of Y using the front loo where the plebs sit is the BOB cart, and the crew on the BOB cart being, er, how to put this nicely? - not willing to move said cart.
And for some of us, when we need to go, we need to go.
Not sure why the issue is blamed on BoB. When there was 'free' food & drink in economy didn't the 'free' food & beverage cart(s) take up as much aisle space as the BoB trolley?

Doc Copper
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:04 am

As noted previously, this is one of the most popular recurring topics on the board.

I usually fly up front. I also try to assume the best of those individuals who traverse cabins to use the front lavatory, as I have had a significant number of operations for Crohn's disease.

When I have to go, I have to go.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper View Post
Not sure why the issue is blamed on BoB. When there was 'free' food & drink in economy didn't the 'free' food & beverage cart(s) take up as much aisle space as the BoB trolley?

Doc Copper
Yes, but the service was a lot quicker. No faffing around for card payments etc.

The BoB service can be very slow on longer ET flights given higher uptake. There is no method of doing it quicker however, so no one is at fault for that.

​​​

Search this Thread