FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   24 hour cancellation option (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1983369-24-hour-cancellation-option.html)

zanderblue Aug 17, 2019 6:33 am

24 hour cancellation option

Hi,

looking for for some input if possible?
I took advantage of the really good business class sale last night, not only flights but rental car too. It now looks like I won’t need the rental car, does the free 24 hour cancellation apply to the rental car booking.
I have separate PNR from the flights for the car, if that matters.

thanks

Barnaby100 Aug 17, 2019 7:27 am

Didn't adding the car make it cheaper?

We did 2 dummy bookings in different ways and managed to get 1 cheaper by adding a car.

Barnaby100 Aug 17, 2019 7:28 am

Oh- just seen separate PNR- you should ahem done it in 1- the car would have been free or minus in cost.

UKtravelbear Aug 17, 2019 7:36 am

So you booked it as two separate transactions on line?

In which case the 24hour for the flight applies. Not sure about the car though.

zanderblue Aug 17, 2019 7:41 am

Yes 2 separate transactions and separate PNRs. I want to keep the flights, only the car hire I won’t need. I guess I’ll need to give them a call and find out.

ringingup Aug 17, 2019 8:07 am

How did you book? Only BA holidays booked over the phone included the 24 Hours cancellation option. If you booked a holiday package online, you won’t be allowed to change or cancel for free.

zanderblue Aug 17, 2019 8:11 am

Booked online at BA.com, not BA holidays as far as I know.
I'm trying to call now, will revert to let folks know how I got on.

orbitmic Aug 17, 2019 10:20 am

I don't think that there will be a 24 hour cancellation for the car. Also, while I realise that this is not what you want to do, note that if you had booked this as a package flight+car online, neither flight nor car would have been cancellable (though you would have been able to "only" lose the deposit if you wanted to cancel the whole thing).

zanderblue Aug 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Finally managed to get through.
Yup, no 24 hour cooling off period for car hire. 20% of total booking cost to cancel. Ouch!

ringingup Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by zanderblue (Post 31426235)
Booked online at BA.com, not BA holidays as far as I know.
I'm trying to call now, will revert to let folks know how I got on.

I think that anything that is not flight only qualifies as “holiday”.

BOH Oct 11, 2019 6:48 am

Quick question regarding the cancel within 24-hour of booking facility. Can this be done on-line and still receive the full refund?

Don't know why but ISTR this ability to cancel an on-line booking within a 24 hour period without penalty is only available by calling BA to do this? Or am I mistaken?

ringingup Oct 11, 2019 6:55 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 31616322)
Quick question regarding the cancel within 24-hour of booking facility. Can this be done on-line and still receive the full refund?

Don't know why but ISTR this ability to cancel an on-line booking within a 24 hour period without penalty is only available by calling BA to do this? Or am I mistaken?

It can be done online. I did it just a couple of days ago. I’m not sure if it’ll work for all bookings though.

Globaliser Oct 11, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 31616322)

No, not mistaken - it used to be like this. But MMB has been improved to allow you (often) to do a free cooling-off cancellation online.

BOH Oct 12, 2019 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 31616810)
No, not mistaken - it used to be like this. But MMB has been improved to allow you (often) to do a free cooling-off cancellation online.

Thank you ^

snaxmuppet Oct 12, 2019 10:57 am

Rather than cancel within the 24 hrs period I decided to take the flight a day earlier. I called up with the 24 hrs and asked. They just changed the day without penalty. They had to re-price it though but the price came out the same.