Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A month wait for a reply from BA after the Heathrow Baggage issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I do understand that there have been some major issues over the summer with BA, but I was caught up in the lost baggage from Heathrow last month. All 7 cases were not on our flight, it was on my fathers 74th birthday so it was a horrendous day for both my parents, they had to go with out vital medication, majorly stressful arrival in Larnaca. When we did get our suitcases I had a small bag of items missing. My question is as I have a case number and it now been a month shouldn’t I of had a reply by now ? Also wondering if anyone else from this forum has already been delt with, was avois points awarded as an apology? It’s just I am booking Xmas flights and if that’s certainly not on the table then I wouldn’t hold out for a reply before I book again.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Nikki Spoiler
I do understand that there have been some major issues over the summer with BA, but I was caught up in the lost baggage from Heathrow last month. All 7 cases were not on our flight, it was on my fathers 74th birthday so it was a horrendous day for both my parents, they had to go with out vital medication, majorly stressful arrival in Larnaca. When we did get our suitcases I had a small bag of items missing. My question is as I have a case number and it now been a month shouldn’t I of had a reply by now ? Also wondering if anyone else from this forum has already been delt with, was avois points awarded as an apology? It’s just I am booking Xmas flights and if that’s certainly not on the table then I wouldn’t hold out for a reply before I book again.
I am unable to assist you on your lost baggage issue. However, for your next trip on a plane, do NOT pack vital medicines in checked baggage.

Doc Copper
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

I didn’t my 74 year old parents did. But thanks for the tip !
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Do you mean that you only got 6 out of 7 checked bags? Or was some items taken from one of the bags.?

In any case, you definitely should contact BA again if they have not responded to you within such a long time. I assume that you have a bag receipt for the missing bag. After 21 days, it is deemed lost and you should go through the procedure of claiming the value of the bag and its item.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't mind bags being delayed on the inbound but on the outbound when going on holiday isn't so good. How long did you have to wait for them to arrive?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

We received 6 of the bags late the next evening but another day for last bag, that’s the one that had a bag with a belt and skin care products within them missing. Worth around £500 all in. But I’ll filed in all the claim forms with bank details but not had any type or response.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
you take skin care products worth more than EUR 500 to holiday?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
So there are two separate issues and a couple of fog factors.
First issue, bags delayed, the majority of which arrived the next evening. To be fair, that's quite a good result for delayed bags. Vital medication in delayed bags, can't really blame the airline for that.
Second and more serious issue is theft from the baggage, a small bag with a belt and skin care products worth £500. That is presumably what you are complaining about the delay in the response?
Fog factors, Dad's 74th birthday and majorly stressful arrival in Larnaca. Statistically, one in 365 passengers on average would have a birthday the day you flew. With an average of 100,000 departing passengers daily, 274 would have had birthdays. Of course we don't know how many of those had delayed bags. No details provided about the majorly stressful arrival in Larnaca so unable to comment on whether BA responsible.
BA or your insurance will presumably adjudicate the claim, which is the only real issue. Not sure I'd be anticipating any avios.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Sorry to hear about such a delay.

While my bag eventually arrived to my destination on Sunday when I was returning to LHR, I filed my claim Wednesday and the following Sunday I had two phone calls and a direct personal email apologizing and confirming my money had been processed which hit my account a few days later. Perhaps I was just lucky as a standard GGL I don't know but was shocked at the speed of it all. Good luck to you though!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
you take skin care products worth more than EUR 500 to holiday?
yes as I am here for 7 week holiday and the Gucci belt was worth £250 so the skin care creams for 7 weeks was £250 which included sunvsre cream for me and my family. As well as face cream, and skin products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.