Summer lounge entry extra child guest allowed ?

Old Aug 17, 19, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Summer lounge entry extra child guest allowed ?

I've seen previous times where people with gold exec membership have been able to guest in an extra child over the school holidays; does anyone know / have experience of that happening this summer ?
Old Aug 17, 19, 5:20 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Unlike previous periods where it has applied to all within a set date range, this year, it has only been offered in ‘pre-targeted’ fashion by BA.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jed View Post
Unlike previous periods where it has applied to all within a set date range, this year, it has only been offered in ‘pre-targeted’ fashion by BA.
Thanks for this information :-(
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
People report getting an email a coupld of days before departure with the good news.

But it also depends on which flight you are on and how busy they expect the lounge to be. So if your flight was in very busy hours you're not getting an invite. late morning - mid afternoon when it's quieter then you are more likely to get it.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
People report getting an email a coupld of days before departure with the good news.

But it also depends on which flight you are on and how busy they expect the lounge to be. So if your flight was in very busy hours you're not getting an invite. late morning - mid afternoon when it's quieter then you are more likely to get it.
Thanks, our flight is around those times from LGW, however it's two PNR's with our bookings being avios (gold,silver) and the children's booking (3 * blue) being fully paid on another booking referenced TCP'd together. I can't see BA's IT being able to figure out an extra lounge entry even on a good day. We'll just have to console ourselves bagging exit row seats * 5 for the 4 hour flight!
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, lots of random hotel schemes...
My kids are now trained in the ways of FT. We have a flight ex LGW this coming Monday early afternoon and I have been asked on a daily basis ‘did I get an email yet’?

Seems to be that others have had the email a couple of days out at least so looks like we will be deciding who gets the ‘treat’ of a GF visit on Monday. What the kids don’t realise is that they are now both more than old enough to be sent off to amuse themselves in the terminal while Mrs Mcinverness and I partake of a pre departure beverage!

I
firstlight likes this.
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
You don't need to be on the same PNR to guest your children, you'll get one guest per gold and one per silver regardless of PNR (and even flight though this can often be a lounge dragon misapprehension and you have to ask them to look at the eligibility criteria where you have guests flying separately).

EDIT - missed the point about 3 children, but always worth chatting to solo travellers in the lift to the lounge

Last edited by bisonrav; Aug 17, 19 at 10:37 am
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
You don't need to be on the same PNR to guest your children, you'll get one guest per gold and one per silver regardless of PNR (and even flight though this can often be a lounge dragon misapprehension and you have to ask them to look at the eligibility criteria).
I read post 5 as suggesting that it is 5 people travelling (one PNR has 1GCH+1SCH, the other TCP'ed PNR has 3Blues including the kid) so the OP's question makes sense.

Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
it's two PNR's with our bookings being avios (gold,silver) and the children's booking (3 * blue) being fully paid on another booking referenced TCP'd together.
To the OP, the LGW lounges are quite a bit smaller than LHR and get very busy even in the summer, I'd be very surprised if you were invited to bring an extra guest regardless of IT.
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve had an extra child (3yrs old) admitted to Flounge this summer, no email received.
Old Aug 17, 19, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I read post 5 as suggesting that it is 5 people travelling (one PNR has 1GCH+1SCH, the other TCP'ed PNR has 3Blues including the kid) so the OP's question makes sense.

- Correct

To the OP, the LGW lounges are quite a bit smaller than LHR and get very busy even in the summer, I'd be very surprised if you were invited to bring an extra guest regardless of IT.
- I can imagine that it will be quite busy on the bank holiday so was just hoping to escape from the madness that is LGW(S) to the peace of the lounge :-(

Search this Thread