IFE Compensation

Old Yesterday, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
IFE Compensation

I've seen a few posts in here where people have said that they have recently been given 5,000 Avois as compensation when IFE has not been working.

I flew back from Costa Rica, back to Gatwick last week and the IFE wasn't working properly (had to keep rebooting it), plus the headphones would not even fit into the entertainment system (Was travelling with wife and daughter in CW). Luckily it was a night flight, so spent most of the time asleep, but would normally have watched a film until after the meal.

Just had a call from BA this morning, apologising for my experience and gave us 45,000 Avois by way of apology. Given the threads I'd read on here, I'd 'hoped' for 15,000 in total, so the offer came as a pleasant surprise, so maybe they are upping their compensation offers again?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Yesterday, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Was the 45,000 distributed across your wife's and child's BAEC accounts? I've had 16,500 each in my husband's and my accounts. I'd the dodgy IFE plus the return in F had inedible food (I mean beef as tough as old boots), and various other things sub-standard. Maybe cos you are GCH and more valued??

Enjoy the extra avios!
Old Yesterday, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
We basically got 15,000 each.

Just checked my account, 15,000 added to mine as a service recovery and the household account has gone up by 45,000 overall

Maybe because I am GCH, might also be because was on my Silver Anniversary they decided to add the extra on top of the normal !