Search

Upgrade using Avios Bug - Help please!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Upgrade using Avios Bug - Help please!

Hi FT,

I'm in a pickle at the moment and hoping for some wisdom. I have a return booking to BCN and wanted to see if it was possible to upgrade.
The outbound couldn't be upgraded but the inbound could.

It showed there would be no additional charge (screenshot below) but it did not show the avios amount. I was expecting it to display on the next page, but this turned out to the final page and the change has confirmed with 7500 debited.

Hoping FTers can help here. Are you able to replicate it? I don't know if it makes a difference between App/Website, but I was in the App.

I've spoken to BA and they want a change fee to reverse it. What would be the best course of action?
BA have agreed to reverse it without a change fee.

Last edited by BA707; Aug 16, 2019 at 4:06 am
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The UuA cost of 7500 avios (peak) and Ł0 would be correct for that example.

Do you want to reverse it now?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
The UuA cost of 7500 avios (peak) and Ł0 would be correct for that example.

Do you want to reverse it now?
Hi KARFA, the issue is that it didn't display the avios amount, unless I've completely missed it.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by BA707
Hi KARFA, the issue is that it didn't display the avios amount, unless I've completely missed it.
I agree I can't see it. I did a similar UuA earlier this year but it was on the desktop site - I am fairly sure the avios figure was shown before accepting. I didn't try doing it through the app. Certainly something that needs fixing.

You asked "I've spoken to BA and they want a change fee to reverse it. What would be the best course of action?" hence my question - regardless of the app not showing the avios figure did you want to stick with the upgrade or reverse it?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

I agree I can't see it. I did a similar UuA earlier this year but it was on the desktop site - I am fairly sure the avios figure was shown before accepting. I didn't try doing it through the app. Certainly something that needs fixing.

You asked "I've spoken to BA and they want a change fee to reverse it. What would be the best course of action?" hence my question - regardless of the app not showing the avios figure did you want to stick with the upgrade or reverse it?
Thanks KARFA. My post was made during the call but after a long hold, they've agreed to reverse it without the change fee.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by BA707
Thanks KARFA. My post was made during the call but after a long hold, they've agreed to reverse it without the change fee.
Thanks for the update. Good result ^

Hopefully BA fix the bug as well.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Hopefully BA fix the bug as well.
They'll have to if they want to claim the avios I think. I certainly don't have the audacity to try it though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.