Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Disgusting BA [reseated due to vomit smell]

Disgusting BA [reseated due to vomit smell]

Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Originally Posted by alex67500
It had been a while since we hadn't had a vomit-on-my-seat story. Next up, why do I need to pay to book my seat in J?
yeah well there are certainly way more on the ba board then on any other which kind of proves my point. BA is a disgusting airline.

thanks for proving that.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
This, by your own admission in the first post, is equivalent to market research on a sample of one over a five-year period.
Stormbel and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC
If I were you I wouldn’t bother doing the Euromillions tonight or maybe you should, as the chances after a 5 year hiatus and getting a seat in this condition is very unfortunate and extremely disappointing I’m sure.

But I wouldn’t go as far as your comments that BA are disgusting and the worst or filthiest airline, I understand if it’s a rash quick judgement in anger but I wouldn’t be so quick to rule out any airline on this one episode! Sadly it happens and due to all airlines wanting to maximise their fleet and keep fares low, turnaround times leave very very little time to do, well, very very little.

As has been mentioned if the previous culprit didn’t report it through embarrassment then for a cleaner to spot it in the short period or crew, it’s a challenge. I’m not defending or suggesting it can’t be spotted and dealt with but the constraints of short turnaround mean it’s unlikely.

I would give BA another go if the schedule suits you but otherwise wait another 5 years, try again and you might be just as unfortunate. A few more flights with BA and you might see a different side of fence!

Safe (vomit free) travels
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by TheHak
Would be highly surprised this happened on LH. Fact: BA doesnt care .... if their planes are filthy and they are. Their toilets are awlays the worst.

Fact: LH and LX (and frankly i dislike their arrogant attitude) has amongst cleanest planes.
Adding the word "Fact:" in front of your opinion doesn't make it factual.
stewardo, Fritz, Stormbel and 9 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Not sure just how productive / useful it is to debate which airlines score higher in the filth stakes. Hardly the sort of league table you want to feature in at all !

Nor do I believe that low fares and an acceptable state of cabin / seat cleanliness should be mutually exclusive. People are entitled to expect certain minimum standards of hygiene from a business which takes their money.

The OP’s approach and language may not have won universal sympathy from others here ; but in reality it would be pointless to deny that BA do have ‘form’ where aircraft prep & cleaning standards are concerned - including those for longhaul aircraft - as we all know from many past threads devoted to the subject. Even BA management have admitted as much.
rockflyertalk and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
The incident is clearly not acceptable and I get we can only comment based on our experiences, but stating that no other airline is as filthy as BA based on one experience isn't right.

A Google search will find similar incidents on several airlines.
​​
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
People do vomit planes.
Fortunately, I've not experienced vomit in a seat back pocket or on a seat belt on BA or any other airline. OP and others have, including BA and LH.
Personally, having flown Star Alliance for a significant number of years, there are definitely as dirty planes as BA.
OP has raised their point, stated they see no point in letting BA Customer Services know (personally, I'd type the detail in an email to BA rather than, with no disrespect, on Flyertalk), others have countered the points raised, there's clearly going to be no meeting of the minds so it's really end of thread.
I wonder how the A350 thread is doing today? Hopefully no one's thrown up onboard the new plane yet.
Crofton138 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Let's just remember that it's people that make a mess on any plane, be it LH, BA, or some random dreaded LCCs, and aeroplanes don't usually go out of their way to make a mess within the cabin, and airlines generally try to avoid making a mess on their plane too (although they do seem to forget to clean the mess up from time to time)
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Adding the word "Fact:" in front of your opinion doesn't make it factual.
It does. Trump says it does.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I do struggle a little with these types of discussions. I think without doubt cleanliness often starts at home and notwithstanding that people can become ill on board aircraft it can be said that on occasion the aircraft are not exactly treated that well by pax mixed in with very quick turnarounds, outsourced cleaning and lack of a quick check by CC. In the last weeks I like a few on this forum who have even taken pics have witnessed socks or bare feet on seats or bulkheads. People standing on seats in their shoes to reach overhead bins, litter just been dropped, chewing gum on arm rests and inside seat pockets, empty bottles not picked up under the tray middle seat in business, unclean loos. While I accept that cleanliness should start at home, ( we all know also how filthy the loos can be in first and other lounges at LHR) the airline and their staff should.be able to ensure that the aircraft is at least given a relatively thorough check prior to boarding for any next sector.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by TheHak

the BA board cracks me up.

if you criticize BA then about 20 folks will read though your whole history of posts and then will give a psychotic assessment claiming you are some sort of sociopath.

then they ll always claims it happens on other airlines. Guaranteed. Had i written that whilst i was smiling at the purser he suddenly became bersek and stabbed me in the arm someonw would have said: funny that just happened to me the other than on singapore airlines. Happens all the time. Yeah right.

do yourself a huge favor and try other airlines. None, none is as filthy as BA.
Let me give you Air Maroc, Air Baltic, LOT, LH on a late Tunis..

Oh and then one EZY plane was pretty bad the other day as well but then another was amazing. As for AF pretty piss poor the 3 times I had to use them last year.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:18 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I generally only fly on Oneworld airlines and mainly on BA.

I have to agree that BA planes are the filthiest I have experienced. Even on a wide body out of LHR, crumbs on the seat, debris on the carpet, fluid stains (hopefully drinks) in all sorts of places.
Ive never experienced these problems on QR or CX. I can’t remember anything other than spotless aircraft on QR.
In my opinion it does dampen the BA experience.

nivsy, TheHak, capin and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I am afraid this forum won’t support you in your aim to get 20000 bonus avios or £1000 compensation, especially as you got reassigned to a different seat.

(I know since the United doc it’s obviously worth a try)

Simply book a different airline and spare us such overly dramatic posts. Come back to us when you have to sit in vomit from LAX-LHR on BA.

D

Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
It shouldn't be up to the passenger to point out to the flight crew that there are vomit stains in their seat area and seat belt.
Surely the FAs on the previous flight were aware that someone threw up on the plane?
RollAnotherFatOne likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mikem004
It shouldn't be up to the passenger to point out to the flight crew that there are vomit stains in their seat area and seat belt.
Surely the FAs on the previous flight were aware that someone threw up on the plane?
No and no. Crew or even passengers can be oblivious to anyone that does anything sometimes! That exists in all walks of life. Passengers are more aware of the details of their seat than any crew or cleaner. Mostly because the passenger has a strong reason and incentive to do so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.