Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Public thank you to YVR BA counter agent "J"

Old Aug 15, 19, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta

After having Yellow Cab fail to fulfill my early morning online cab reservation for 5 persons + luggage by calling me at the 645 reservation time for an 855 flight, that they had no vehicle that could transport my family to YVR but wouid be happy to now send 2 cars but could not confirm when they would arrive (family member stepped up and took luggage to YVR and we took Canada Line), it was a pleasant surprise when, in response to "J" 's query as to how many of my family had status and my response "just me" that she handed me an invite for myself and 4 family members to the Premium Lounge ... she mentioned that I would not be able to use the B A lounge because it was at capacity and offered the invitation to the family. Needless to say my family enjoyed their 50 minute visit and I did not have to play rock paper scissors to choose my guest. The long trip thus started out on a positive note after dodgy beginnings. Thanks "J"
SF1K, Fatdickie, argonath and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Bronze), IHG (Plat)
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...er_compliments
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:21 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Nice offer from "J" and you're a braver person than me for planning a short time to check in. I know it's not a long journey from downtown YVR to the airport (15 to 30 mins, iirc?), but the panic freak in me would have been arriving a little bit earlier. I'm probably being a bit too cautious! I arrive at LCY with an hour to spare, even though I'm not far away. Thankfully I enjoy watching planes land and take off!!
Old Aug 16, 19, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold; Accor Le Club Gold
My phone shows my boarding pass four hours ahead of the flight. At that point I start feeling uncomfortable that I'm not already airside and struggle not to get in a cab immediately. A delay to a booked taxi means I delete that app never to use them again!
SkyTeem and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 10:25 am
Original Poster

I live 10 minute ride to YVR at that time of the day. I usually check in between 7 and 715 for the 855 BA flight. At that time I am one of the last to do so. It takes about 15 minutes with normal security lines to arrive at the date (D64). The airport is not large. Even arriving for check in around 730 and arriving at the Lounge we had an hour until when we left to the gate.
Old Aug 16, 19, 1:47 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
It’s a shame you couldn’t meet the BA lounge staff too, they are without doubt the best I’ve ever come across in the BA lounge network. They certainly help to make up for the other limitations of the lounges there, including the limited capacity.

When it comes to group boarding though, sadly not so much. When they announce the boarding in the lounge, despite it being about a minute away from the gate, it’s already a free for all.
LE2 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Agreed

Originally Posted by Howard Long View Post
Itís a shame you couldnít meet the BA lounge staff too, they are without doubt the best Iíve ever come across in the BA lounge network. They certainly help to make up for the other limitations of the lounges there, including the limited capacity.

When it comes to group boarding though, sadly not so much. When they announce the boarding in the lounge, despite it being about a minute away from the gate, itís already a free for all.
Small lounge and very attentive staff...I have enjoyed my time there the one time I visited. Food offerings hit the spot before the flight. Showers would be an added bonus but sadly none. If sufficient time and a shower needed and there is lounge space, Cathay is a possible shower destination of course if not at capacity and the BA flight leaves later as it does when the clock changes
LE2 likes this.