Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight prices seem much higher this time of year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight prices seem much higher this time of year?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Flight prices seem much higher this time of year?

Hi all

So I try and make an annual trip to Tampa/Sarasota for my holidays, and I usually pay between £1390-£1600 for a business class return flight
I know flight prices go up and down like a yo yo, but I've got several dates tracked for quite a few months now and the price is much higher and has been stuck that way for nearly 3 months, so I'm a bit concerned I won't be able to afford it this year
Right now anytime I look at prices, it's around the £2300-£2400 mark, even first class is only slightly higher (£2700), which seems odd.
Perhaps I'm recollecting the prices wrong, but even a one stop flight from LHR-ATL-Sarasota is in the mid 2000's, whereas it's usually around £1600-£1800.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is Miami an option? That's got a lot more competition so the cheapest CW return is below £1300.

It's difficult to give advice without some specifics but if you feel you're being priced out of the market I'd suggest considering WTP (and the Upgrade using Avios if you can); and / or splitting the return flight to go back on the day flights from JFK, BOS or ORD (AA for the latter). The shorter day time flights will make WTP more palatable.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is Miami an option? That's got a lot more competition so the cheapest CW return is below £1300.
It's quite possible I'm looking at the wrong site for prices, but I'm using Google's flight search and the cheapest return in November/December is in £2900+?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AdamPD
It's quite possible I'm looking at the wrong site for prices, but I'm using Google's flight search and the cheapest return in November/December is in £2900+?
Peak season! For Miami on BA.com, all return pricing.

On 10 November I'm seeing £2693.
And 18 December I'm seeing £2059.

In between it is a lot more expensive. Go on 3 September and it is £1289

I suspect you may want to consider starting somewhere on the European mainland, or at least Inverness.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, yea I'm used to paying £1500ish for a complete return journey in November and January, so it's a bit of a shock seeing them almost double for the same period I've booked 4 times in the past.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:16 pm

I’m lookubg at Nov/dec 20, and this year prices have been as low as £5,000 ish for 3 adults.
i kniw I can get that with Aer Lingus from Dublin and I’m expecting to pay around £6,500 LON-MCO in BA CW end nov returning mid December. Witg Aer Lingus you need to snap them up quickly, as they only have one flight a day, these cheaper seats go quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.