Exit row seats in CE

Old Aug 14, 19, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Exit row seats in CE

Hello

I am on the 794 to Helsinki on 24 August. The seat map show CE back to row 12. However rows 11 and 12 show as 2 seats on the left hand side one labelled A the other D as if the seats on the right don't exist. There's just a blank space on the side where D and F should be

What does this mean? Should I consider moving from my 1A seat to 11 A or D both of which are available

I am on the 799 back the next day and that seat map shows the same config

Many thanks
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by leisureflyer1234 View Post
Hello

I am on the 794 to Helsinki on 24 August. The seat map show CE back to row 12. However rows 11 and 12 show as 2 seats on the left hand side one labelled A the other D as if the seats on the right don't exist. There's just a blank space on the side where D and F should be

What does this mean? Should I consider moving from my 1A seat to 11 A or D both of which are available

I am on the 799 back the next day and that seat map shows the same config

Many thanks
Rows 11 and 12 should have seats in A/C/D/F. Same as any other row.

Personally my I think Row 1 is far superior to the slightly more legroom in exit rows. Not least for first choice at meals and served drinks first. Also more legroom in Row 1.

Id stay put in 1A.
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
If you move back ro rows 11/12 what will you do if curtain roulette happens and BA reduces the size of the CE cabin? Likely that you'll have lost 1A
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by george77300 View Post

Rows 11 and 12 should have seats in A/C/D/F. Same as any other row.

Personally my I think Row 1 is far superior to the slightly more legroom in exit rows. Not least for first choice at meals and served drinks first. Also more legroom in Row 1.

Id stay put in 1A.
Thanks I get that. Just wondering what the strange seat map means. I'm staying in 1A though
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it means the seat map is broken for some reason..not unusual with BAs often cranky IT.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks I get that. Just wondering what the strange seat map means. I'm staying in 1A though
Are you looking at the App rather than BA.com? Row 12 is blocked at the moment but that may change.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Are you looking at the App rather than BA.com? Row 12 is blocked at the moment but that may change.
No i'm looking in MMB on a laptop which shows 12 AD occupied and 11 AD available and no display of CF in either 11 or 12
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:31 pm

I think the seat map breaks when the exit rows are in CE. For my flight the other day on an A321 CE extended to row 10. Until OCLI row 10 showed as two seats, "A" and "D". Once OLCI opened it showed as "A", "C", "D" and "F".
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No i'm looking in MMB on a laptop which shows 12 AD occupied and 11 AD available and no display of CF in either 11 or 12
I think it's down to a glitch then. Both ExpertFlyer and my Amadeus based booking tool shows normal seating, usual A, C, D, F seating, row 12 blocked for curtain roulette. It will doubtless figure on their bug fix list, it must be fairly new. I see overtones of Agile in their rollout of screen changes recently.