FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Brazilian reward ;) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1982953-brazilian-reward.html)

Beergander Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am

Brazilian reward ;)

Hi, hopefully caught your attention!

I'm planning a reward flight with 'MrsB' - LHR out to Rio, coming back via Sao Paulo (Due to limited reward availability in Feb).

Outbound only has a three class 787 so will travel J (Shame as we loved the Concorde room), however returning there is availability in F on the 777. Is this worth an upgrade for 27k Avios? (I have them but it will clean me out). I'm thinking yes as it's a 16:05 departure so will have time to enjoy the service? But read the departure lounges is the same for both classes so limited benefit there?

Thanks for your comments/suggestions

ajeleonard Aug 14, 2019 10:46 am

Yes it's worth it

There are no fuel surcharges on rewards departing Brazil, so it might be worth comparing to see if it's cheaper to book two one ways

xooz Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am

Don't wait too long to decide to pull the trigger on your booking, you don't want to cut it too close.....

Beergander Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 31415821)
Yes it's worth it

There are no fuel surcharges on rewards departing Brazil, so it might be worth comparing to see if it's cheaper to book two one ways

Sorry should have mentioned using an AMEX companion voucher so assume two one ways are n/a?

alex67500 Aug 14, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Beergander (Post 31415894)
Sorry should have mentioned using an AMEX companion voucher so assume two one ways are n/a?

Correct.

hearingdouble Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am

It’s all relative. The value of 27,000 Avios, and the relative values of J and F, will be different for different people.

Personally I wouldn’t bother as I think I would get better value from 27,000 Avios with RFS redemptions within Europe, or for short haul on CX or JAL. I do, however, have the benefit of being OWE, so I get many of the “soft” benefits of F regardless of my cabin of travel. I also don’t think there’s a particularly huge difference between BA J and F on a night flight.

Your travel patterns and preferences may vary.

Beergander Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks all, pulled the trigger and booked via a very helpful lady at the BA contact centre. Went for F on the return leg, YOLO and all that!

pauldb Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 31415821)
Yes it's worth it

No YQ departing and ticketed from Brazil, which catches you out at least in the way BA.com does it: charges on a one way are £243.