Quiet working space at LHR (ideally T5)

Old Aug 14, 19, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Quiet working space at LHR (ideally T5)

Iím going to arrive at LHR from ARN on Friday at 09:35 AM and will fly to MAD on BA364 at 4:45PM.
The time in between I would like to spend working, which will include conference calls.
I would need a desk and fast internet access.
I have BA Silver status and PriorityPass.

Is there a quiet place to work somewhere? I would also be ok with moving to a different terminal if necessary (have gone to the CX lounge in T3 several times when I was Emerald.)

I have already googled, but all threads I found were several years old, so I was worried they might be outdated.
The Regus business center sounded quite good, even though itís landside. (I believe I got some Regus vouchers a few years ago, but I donít remember how...)

Maybe a better option has popped up in the meantime?
Would the Concorde Room be useful? Iím sure I could find someone to guest me in...

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:23 am

Location: In theory near BHD or ABZ, but usually a hotel in another country
Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, BA Silver
Your best bet is probably down in the tunnels at -4 which I find is the quietest place in the terminal (as long as you have signal) but you wont have a desk, or walk out to the B lounge.
Blally likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory View Post
Iím going to arrive at LHR from ARN on Friday at 09:35 AM and will fly to MAD on BA364 at 4:45PM.
The time in between I would like to spend working, which will include conference calls.
Feel free to use any lounge, and just use the built in speakerphone capability on your mobile phone. You'll probably have to raise your voice to be heard over all those other lounge users, but that's fine.

</SARCASM>

Sorry, will leave practical suggestions to others, just couldn't help myself
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirBnb 700x Platinum, AC (never again)
I have taken many calls in the BA First Lounge Business Centre and Galleries T5B over the past several years; and usually is good. (please use headphones and not blast your business across the area)
Unsure about how to transport yourself between T5 and T3... someone else can comment on possibility.

If you need a confidential space for private / MNPI calls, Regis or a hotel would probably be best.
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
The Plaza Premium lounge in T5 is also usually very good as very quiet. Does not accept PP though so youíd need Amex Plat or Cent.

DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 6:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Getting a day room at Sofitel would be the best bet. No annoying others with your conference calls and no privacy issues or getting annoyed by others making noise.

No working space at the CCR other than the boardroom, and because of the small space of the boardroom, it's seriously annoying for others to be subjected to telephone calls in there, and there are often people making loud calls which would make it hard for you to hear your calls too.
gms, IAMORGAN, nivsy and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are looking for somewhere landside, Regus remains the best bet. You could go to one of the hotels nearby , either booking a day room or using one of the public spaces.

Airside probably the best bet is Galleries Club T5B, since usually there is a quiet corner not much in use. Ideally try to use the HAL wifi since that's very fast in comparison to the various alternatives.

Without lounge access, then Starbucks T5C can be a good option, particularly around the corner from the sales counter. There are plugs and has access to both BA and HAL wifi.
YacozA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I have Amex Plat, but I’d need a (relatively) quiet space for work and a quiet and private space for calls (both for privacy reasons and because I don’t want to annoy other people).
The SAS lounges at OSL and ARN have small rooms with a glass door for making phone calls. That would be more than good enough.
But a quiet corner in a public space wouldn’t cut it (especially with the risk of background noise like boarding announcements etc.).

I guess Regus would probably the best solution in this case. I really wish I was still BAEC Gold, so I could use the First Wing to get back airside...
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:13 am

Lowcost alternative from somebody who has n lounge status: What about T5 B or C? Those terminals are relatively quiet, ample seating space (just go to an unused gate). If ou want a table: at the Wetherspoons in 5B, there are tables with a view of the appron as well as normal tables. The Starbucks (or is it caffe Nerro) in 5C is good as well but a but dark.
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:15 am
Original Poster

An empty terminal would also work. I just don’t want people eavesdropping on my conversations.
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:27 am

Programs: too many
Kids zone in Galleries: Hardly ever used when I passed by them, albeit not necessarily comfortable to work on
GavT_london likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by antichef View Post
Your best bet is probably down in the tunnels at -4 which I find is the quietest place in the terminal (as long as you have signal) but you wont have a desk, or walk out to the B lounge.
Can you use the T5B lounge even if your flight is from the main terminal? I've never been in the T5B lounge as I read it was more basic than Galleries in the main terminal?
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by chriswiles View Post
Can you use the T5B lounge even if your flight is from the main terminal? I've never been in the T5B lounge as I read it was more basic than Galleries in the main terminal?
You can, you just need to walk the tunnel to get back your flight departs from T5A. It's similar to other Galleries in my experience, just less crowded, although maybe not completely ideal for OP still. However T5B itself is quite empty until a flight comes around so I'd just pick an unused gate then.
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
For that length of time I'd definitely go for a day room at a hotel. Meets all of your requirements.
LTN Phobia and Lefly like this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by thebigben View Post
You can, you just need to walk the tunnel to get back your flight departs from T5A. It's similar to other Galleries in my experience, just less crowded, although maybe not completely ideal for OP still.
I never knew this! I always assumed/thought that you could only use T5B if you were either flying from that terminal or, perhaps, C.

I did read that sometimes there's a lack of food in T5B?

Search this Thread