Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC World Elite - 25% bonus offer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
HSBC World Elite - 25% bonus offer

Apologies if already posted, but HSBC are running a 25% bonus promotion when converting points to Avios. Offer expires 31st August.

I missed this before, which royally peed me off....
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Ugh! I didn't even get a notification from HSBC and none of the frequent flyer blogs I subscribed to highlighted it. I just decided to try searching on the topic today thinking we were overdue for a transfer bonus.

Where did you see the bonus posted? I want to make sure I don't miss the next one.

I guess I should also ask which country's HSBC MC this refers to since there are several and I imagine the bonuses are not global.

--Barry

Last edited by Great White North; Nov 5, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Great White North
Ugh! I didn't even get a notification from HSBC and none of the frequent flyer blogs I subscribed to highlighted it. I just decided to try searching on the topic today thinking we were overdue for a transfer bonus.

Where did you see the bonus posted? I want to make sure I don't miss the next one.

I guess I should also ask which country's HSBC MC this refers to since there are several and I imagine the bonuses are not global.

--Barry
The one this thread talks about was for HSBC UK. There was a banner occasionally on HSBC internet banking during the promotional period, but it wasn't consistent, and agree - poorly publicised by HSBC. I can only recommend you add Raffles 's blog to your daily media intake - he promoted it on there a couple of times: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...ransfer-bonus/
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Great White North

--Barry
It's been pretty much annual I think. I received no notifications however after I read it on HFP I then did see it pop up in Online Banking.

Unless you need the points transferring just set a reminder to check it around August next year.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
It's been pretty much annual I think. I received no notifications however after I read it on HFP I then did see it pop up in Online Banking.

Unless you need the points transferring just set a reminder to check it around August next year.
OP is in Canada though, so if his HSBC account is Canadian the promo wouldn't have been for him anyway.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm pretty sure there was a small advert-like announcement for this when I was logged into the HSBC UK website. I'd already read about it on HfP as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.