Wiki Posts
Search

Amex 241 voucher - wife and child?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Amex 241 voucher - wife and child?

I am travelling Club World from LHR to KL shortly. My employers are paying for the flight. Mrs nollag and nollag junior want to join.

I have an Amex 241 companion voucher in my name, and my wife is named as an additional cardholder on the Amex account

Is it possible to transfer the companion voucher to my wife and child, and for me to go as a paid passenger? These will need to be on two seperate bookings, as my employer would be inflexible in any non-standard arrangement.

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:17 am

No, the voucher owner plus one other must be on the ticket and the voucher is non-transferable. .
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
EDIT - read your employer wont play ball pls ignore.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
I would say you have more chance convincing your employer to be flexible. It won’t cost them anymore money and they will have a grateful employee.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As per the main thread, the voucher holder must travel on the booking. T&Cs in first post

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Thinking out loud, other option is I book the flight in my name and name change to Mrs nollag. Then do the 241 with me and nollag junior. Would this work?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
don't think you can name change, can you??
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
I think you'll struggle with getting your employer to change as a tax audit may flag this as any business travel where spouse/family come along is then treated as taxable.

We are very strict these days since I paid separately for my wife to come along to Russia with me but the invoice for our VISA's, (paid her bit ourselves), showed 2 VISA's had been purchased and our accountant advised this would be suspicious if audited. Seems crazy to me but I can see how it could be used by business owners as a tax dodge for holidays.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by nollag
Thinking out loud, other option is I book the flight in my name and name change to Mrs nollag.
You won't be able to change the name on the ticket. You'll need to cancel and re-book.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by nollag
Thinking out loud, other option is I book the flight in my name and name change to Mrs nollag. Then do the 241 with me and nollag junior. Would this work?
Even if this were allowed by BA (and it isn't) it would be out of order to put your wife's name on your work ticket for all kinds of reasons.
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Availability of 2 rewards seats in CW on the dates you need to travel may also be difficult to secure.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Looks like this is a non-starter. Thanks for all your replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.