Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madeira fare for summer 2020

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Madeira fare for summer 2020

Looking for flights to Madeira for summer holiday in 2020. Wonder should I use Avios to get the flights now or wait till sales? How much would a return in economy costs during summer holiday. If I use Avios, it would cost about £210 each (value 1p/ Avios).

Thank you.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The cheapest June fares are about £100 return at the moment if you are date flexible, so it depends a bit by what you mean by summer. The other factor is that the main rival to BA for FNC is easyJet who may not have released their fares yet.

So if you were looking for general advice, it would be to book with Avios if you think it's a good fare, and cancel as and when a better revenue fare is available (book the revenue ticket first however!). You will just lose a maximum of £35 per person for the redeposit fee. However, if you are Avios rich and you think this is likely to happen, then you could take a gamble on the higher Avios amount (27k instead of 20k assuming peak travel) and pay the minimum £1 Reward Flight Saver fee - since the £1 would be the limit of your losses.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

It will be school summer holiday, so August time. I’m just thinking if cash tickets at that time don’t go much below £200, then I may as well use Avios and cook it now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.