Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone topping up their Avios coffers? (Avios sale with up to +45% bonuses)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone topping up their Avios coffers? (Avios sale with up to +45% bonuses)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Agent69
Maybe you could suggest to your other half that if she doesn't like PE then she needs to finance the upgrade herself?
One should probably factor alimony and pre-nups into this calculation.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by cameramaker
1,200 avios for £31!? Are they having a laugh?

You can get a return flight to AGP for £41 and earn more avios than that!
While I completely take your point and I'm not suggesting this deal is anything special, it is all too easy to forget/ignore the fact that there are no ancillary costs or time spend with Avios purchases so when they are taken into account the comparison looks rather different. Just the cost of parking your car at an airport for a few days can easily wipe out any perceived advantages of taking flights to accumulate Avios.

I have purchased miles and points in a number of FF programmes on a few occasions when need and circumstances made it worthwhile and saved both time and money doing it. That said, I agree that most of the time it isn't a very attractive option.
anniegray likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.