FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981933-wed-7-aug-ba-systems-down-flights-disrupted-cancelled.html)

mjack99 Aug 6, 19 11:26 pm

Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled

BRU. On.plane but can't get paperwork because systems are down. Same issue everywhere?

mmxbreaks Aug 6, 19 11:29 pm

I keep getting 'Error' when trying to log into app, so can't check in. Assuming it's all related, yes.

mjack99 Aug 6, 19 11:31 pm

Yes that is down too. Still sitting here. No ETD.

mjack99 Aug 6, 19 11:34 pm

Pilot says message from HQ says 'be patient. Pilot is offering to show anyone around cockpit to help pass the time. Stream of people now passing my 1C seat.

Global issue according to pilot.

abligh Aug 6, 19 11:49 pm

Hmmm... and the old, much better (IMHO) web site is back.

mjack99 Aug 6, 19 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by abligh (Post 31388179)
Hmmm... and the old, much better (IMHO) web site is back.

Oh dear it must be bad...but we just got our paperwork by hand and doors are closed so fingers crossed.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 12:09 am

Paperwork was wrong...doors opened again...new paperwork arrived. Hope you are all having a patient day.

Misco60 Aug 7, 19 12:11 am

I can't get to ba.com at all, and when I try the app I just get a pop-up saying "Unauthorized".

Krisz Aug 7, 19 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mjack99 (Post 31388213)
Paperwork was wrong...doors opened again...new paperwork arrived. Hope you are all having a patient day.

hi mjack99 I’ve just seen your plane departing. Yes Fly system is down I couldn’t get my boarding pass on my phone etc. The lounge attendant just show me her Fly pic is not working. I can’t even check flight schedule information. My 9:45 flight is about to land so not sure when the issue started.

RGMD11 Aug 7, 19 12:25 am

BA IT strikes again

On the 499 from LIS now, same thing waiting on paperwork because of the IT system still being down

another nail in the BA coffin for me, Cruz should get the tin tac,

cant wait to burn my last 500k of Avios and then good riddance

t4wine Aug 7, 19 12:26 am

Still down

Their systems are still down at LGW at least. Chaos!

GuyWMD Aug 7, 19 12:28 am

First wing unable to scan boarding passes prior to security gates, people are being denied entry if their flight is more than 2 hours from departure.

plunet Aug 7, 19 12:34 am

Just mentioned on the BBC TV news "BA has confirmed that they are experiencing technical difficulties with check-in this morning, passengers are recommended to get the airport early"

CD747 Aug 7, 19 12:34 am

Apparently all short haul flights between 9am and 1pm are likely to be cancelled.

Krisz Aug 7, 19 12:34 am

I don’t seem to understand the logic. Or the normal entrance as well turning people away? Or BA expecting mass cancellations?

Krisz Aug 7, 19 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Krisz (Post 31388264)
I don’t seem to understand the logic. Or the normal entrance as well turning people away? Or BA expecting mass cancellations?

I guess someone above just confirmed my suspicions about cancellation is coming

fluffymitten Aug 7, 19 12:36 am

FLY is down. The following have been cancelled:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...121c0aa369.png

JimEddie Aug 7, 19 12:37 am

From BA's Trade Support site:

A system outage is currently affecting FLY check-in and Pegasus Reservations globally.
· Update as follows:
Silver Command is sitting due to a system outage affecting FLY checkin and Pegasus Reservations
Customers are having difficulties checking-in online
Systems are erratic and freezing or staff unable to log-on
Following flights are now being cancelled:
BA950
BA1326
BA728
BA346
BA862
Further 15 more flights to be cancelled shortly

plunet Aug 7, 19 12:38 am

Notification on BA.com now

We are experiencing some systems problems this morning which are affecting check-in and flight departures

Please check ba.com and manage my booking for the latest flight information and allow extra time at the airport.

ratechaser Aug 7, 19 12:45 am

Good grief, if it's not strikes it's this... just heading out to LGW now, sans boarding pass. Mrs RC berating me for not having printed them last night :rolleyes:

sunshinebob Aug 7, 19 12:46 am

App not working either....

IMetThePieMan Aug 7, 19 12:53 am

The 06:45 from BHD to LHR has just been offloaded back into the terminal. Not too hopeful for the 09:20 that I’m supposed to be on.

SWISSBOBBY Aug 7, 19 1:00 am

Can not check flight status on the website as the airport codes can not be looked up....

Great Success

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:03 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY (Post 31388345)
Can not check flight status on the website as the airport codes can not be looked up....

Great Success

it doesn’t work for flight number either.

IMetThePieMan Aug 7, 19 1:04 am

Flights seem to be taking off from LHR now though, so maybe things are on the way to being fixed?

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Krisz (Post 31388353)

it doesn’t work for flight number either.

if you have the Flightradar24 it works and shows at least some information.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 7, 19 1:10 am

Yes, BA have got flights operating to and from LHR, but with increasing delays.

From what I can make out:

- App nearly unusable for any data operation, including retrieving boarding passes
- BA.com works except for OLCI
- T5 is going to be badly affected since while they can use a backup system, it is going to need more manual assistance all the way through the system.
- LCY least badly affected, but they do have delayed flights building up now, typically 20 - 40 minutes.
- LGW has got longer delays but still operating. So the first flight, to Malta, was due out at 06:15 but departed at 07:23
- big chunk of shorthaul cancellations, noted above, spanning period from 09:00 to the 12:20 to BRU. Nothing after that at the moment.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 1:12 am

We took off. Just landed. Good luck everyone.

ermis177 Aug 7, 19 1:12 am

App wouldnt let me book any tickets. Where is he? I missed the hi vis jacket!

MiraculousM Aug 7, 19 1:17 am

I sat there this morning thinking about how i wanted to book flights to PHL in oct and was weighing out the pros and cons of flying into Newark and getting a train as it was about £50 cheaper, flying on BA direct or flying with AA direct.

Having been stuck in one of these faults (the T5 baggage system went down when i was flying one time), this is another con for BA as this happens far too often.

mikeyfly Aug 7, 19 1:18 am

Managed to book a Reward flight for the weekend and successfully do a Reward cancellation before reading this - so that appears to be working fine !

A P Yu Aug 7, 19 1:24 am

These are happening on a far too regular basis. There are at least a couple a year, if not more.

Honie Aug 7, 19 1:24 am

We’re currently cooling our heels on 2640, scheduled for 07.35. The crew have been round to take ‘in flight’ pre drinks orders. Would be nice to head off now!

Eta, there appears to be two ba planes in the queue to take off so hopefully the situation is easing at Gatwick!

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:26 am

We just boarding on time in BRU which due to leave at 9:45. However cabin crew just mentioned that their iPad doesn’t work at all. They can’t even see passenger names onboard. So I guess Fly is still down.

plunet Aug 7, 19 1:27 am

Seems that the presence of the disruption notification banner on the homepage is forcing the page to render desktop mode only.

Mobile friendly pages seem to be working beyond that, but this seems to be a real schoolboy error - just when you need your website to help you in an incident you make it difficult for arguably most of the people who are impacted by the chaos to read the homepage.

SWISSBOBBY Aug 7, 19 1:27 am

Current List EX LHR
BA 950 LHR - MUC
BA 848 LHR - ZAG
BA 1438 LHR - EDI
BA 1326 LHR - NCL
BA 878 LHR - LED
BA 728 LHR - GVA
BA 712 LHR - ZRH
BA 346 LHR - NCE
BA 496 LHR - PMI
BA 862 LHR - PRG
BA 814 LHR - CPH
BA 700 LHR - VIE
BA 1386 LHR - MAN
BA 1476 LHR - GLA
BA 676 LHR - IST
BA 378 LHR - TLS
BA 834 LHR - DUB
BA 962 LHR - HAM
BA 546 LHR - FCO

BA 1482 LHR - GLA

BA 938 LHR - DUS
BA 992 LHR - TXL
BA 474 LHR - BCN
BA 904 LHR - FRA
BA 308 LHR CDG
BA 778 LHR - ARN
BA 702 LHR - VIE
BA 490 LHR -GIB
BA 889 LHR - OTP
BA 1442 LHR - EDI
BA 434 LHR - AMS
BA 662 LHR - LCA
BA 394 LHR - BRU

Current List EX LGW
BA 2960 LGW - GLA
BA 2772 LGW - JER
BA 2718 LGW - AGP
BA 2584 LGW - VCE
BA 2608LGW - NAP

tuonopepper Aug 7, 19 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Honie (Post 31388403)
We’re currently cooling our heels on 2640, scheduled for 07.35. The crew have been round to take ‘in flight’ pre drinks orders. Would be nice to head off now!

Eta, there appears to be two ba planes in the queue to take off so hopefully the situation is easing at Gatwick!

Oh joy, supposed to be on the last LHR/ARN tonight, and back mid morning tomorrow..... Anyone know if they are allowing date shifts proactively?

As a side note, the frequency of these IT failures is abysmal, someone (Cruz) needs the boot.

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:41 am

Ok the latest info here from BRU. BA head office told the airport not to board the plane however BRU ground staff insisted to board. Cabin crew just confirmed they have no eta at the moment they sent the green flag back to head office so we see when can we go if we go etc.
cabin crew is very good trying to help as much as they can however their system is still down...

tridztan Aug 7, 19 1:41 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 31388126)
I keep getting 'Error' when trying to log into app, so can't check in. Assuming it's all related, yes.

Head to the airport to check in is what BA has advised.

kaizenflying Aug 7, 19 1:42 am

Climate change grounding planes to rebalance the ecosystems.
Good luck to anyone travelling today.