FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981933-wed-7-aug-ba-systems-down-flights-disrupted-cancelled.html)

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 12:26 am

Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled

BRU. On.plane but can't get paperwork because systems are down. Same issue everywhere?

mmxbreaks Aug 7, 19 12:29 am

I keep getting 'Error' when trying to log into app, so can't check in. Assuming it's all related, yes.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 12:31 am

Yes that is down too. Still sitting here. No ETD.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 12:34 am

Pilot says message from HQ says 'be patient. Pilot is offering to show anyone around cockpit to help pass the time. Stream of people now passing my 1C seat.

Global issue according to pilot.

abligh Aug 7, 19 12:49 am

Hmmm... and the old, much better (IMHO) web site is back.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 12:52 am

Originally Posted by abligh (Post 31388179)
Hmmm... and the old, much better (IMHO) web site is back.

Oh dear it must be bad...but we just got our paperwork by hand and doors are closed so fingers crossed.

mjack99 Aug 7, 19 1:09 am

Paperwork was wrong...doors opened again...new paperwork arrived. Hope you are all having a patient day.

Misco60 Aug 7, 19 1:11 am

I can't get to ba.com at all, and when I try the app I just get a pop-up saying "Unauthorized".

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:22 am

Originally Posted by mjack99 (Post 31388213)
Paperwork was wrong...doors opened again...new paperwork arrived. Hope you are all having a patient day.

hi mjack99 Iíve just seen your plane departing. Yes Fly system is down I couldnít get my boarding pass on my phone etc. The lounge attendant just show me her Fly pic is not working. I canít even check flight schedule information. My 9:45 flight is about to land so not sure when the issue started.

RGMD11 Aug 7, 19 1:25 am

BA IT strikes again

On the 499 from LIS now, same thing waiting on paperwork because of the IT system still being down

another nail in the BA coffin for me, Cruz should get the tin tac,

cant wait to burn my last 500k of Avios and then good riddance

t4wine Aug 7, 19 1:26 am

Still down

Their systems are still down at LGW at least. Chaos!

GuyWMD Aug 7, 19 1:28 am

First wing unable to scan boarding passes prior to security gates, people are being denied entry if their flight is more than 2 hours from departure.

plunet Aug 7, 19 1:34 am

Just mentioned on the BBC TV news "BA has confirmed that they are experiencing technical difficulties with check-in this morning, passengers are recommended to get the airport early"

CD747 Aug 7, 19 1:34 am

Apparently all short haul flights between 9am and 1pm are likely to be cancelled.

Krisz Aug 7, 19 1:34 am

I donít seem to understand the logic. Or the normal entrance as well turning people away? Or BA expecting mass cancellations?