FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981933-wed-7-aug-ba-systems-down-flights-disrupted-cancelled.html)

tigerb Aug 7, 19 3:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31388666)
Online check in is now working using this link. No need to log in to your BAEC account, indeed you may want to do this in Incognito mode.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...g/public/en_gb

It's very slow and flaky, and may time out, but if you go in a second time you may see you have checked-in status. This allows an easy reprint at the airport - or online when things speed up.

Seems to be showing OLCI not available at the moment

SWISSBOBBY Aug 7, 19 3:37 am

And what good is allowing rebooking of the shorthaul stuff when you cant get to your longhaul flights....

So much of BA SH is feeders for LH.

Robington3rd Aug 7, 19 3:37 am

Sat on the tarmac at MUC on the 949 for LHRT5 - plane has been idling for about 30 minutes. Cockpit door still open - assume they are trying to get a flight plan as previously reported.

This plane was supposed to be wheels up an hour ago.

Water being given out which is nice to see.

Krisz Aug 7, 19 3:39 am

At LHR flight connection is a bit busier but the problem is the ticketing desk. It has a massive queue.

BOH Aug 7, 19 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 31388679)
Just arrived at LGW, barely even able to get into the terminal, people being pulled out of line for the most urgent flights.

cant see my silver status counting for much today!

Wonder why that is? Not that many have been cancelled out of LGW today and most seem to be departing only about 30-45 minutes late. Presumably because of many more pax having to check-in at a desk rather than OLCI I guess?

Have just checked in to GOA to go to LGW and the inbound only shows a 15 minute delay and departure currently showing as on-time at 12:50. Fingers crossed

Crampedin13A Aug 7, 19 3:50 am

App finally gave me a boarding pass for my flight to MAN tomorrow morning. Weird thing was it had timed out after the how many bags step when I first tried it then produced a number of error messages and couldn't get anything else to work but seems to have just continued on as when I pressed get boarding pass/checkin this time the boarding pass popped right up.Have to get up there tomorrow so booked a cheap one way ticket on Virgin Trains as a backup just in case BA cancels shorthauls tomorrow as well

Nicc HK Aug 7, 19 3:51 am

When will British Airways/other companies learn? Cheap IT costs more than Good IT

tigerb Aug 7, 19 3:53 am

Originally Posted by tigerb (Post 31388698)
Seems to be showing OLCI not available at the moment

Scrub that. As per the above, it is flaky but persistence seems to work and I've managed to check in and print boarding passes for the family vacation tomorrow. All we need now is the chaos to subside...Best of luck to all the rest of you and commiserations to anyone trying to fly today.

APPL Aug 7, 19 3:57 am

Does anyone know if First Wing is operating normally?
OLCI not working for me. Not sure if it's worth getting there earlier - someone mentioned they weren't allowing people if it was more than 2 hours from departure.

SxMan Aug 7, 19 3:58 am

LGW

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 31388710)
Wonder why that is? Not that many have been cancelled out of LGW today and most seem to be departing only about 30-45 minutes late. Presumably because of many more pax having to check-in at a desk rather than OLCI I guess?

Have just checked in to GOA to go to LGW and the inbound only shows a 15 minute delay and departure currently showing as on-time at 12:50. Fingers crossed

GE

apparently Gatwick can only except check-in two hours before departure at the moment. This is causing lots of people to hang around landside and there is much congestion.

Agent69 Aug 7, 19 3:58 am

Originally Posted by GSTBD (Post 31388607)
Because Cruz is the CEO

I suspect that to a certain extent BA are a bit like the main UK banks. They have frail & ancient IT systems, that everyone is frightened of touching. Look what happened to TSB when they thought it would be a good idea to swap everything over to a new system.

woodey Aug 7, 19 4:05 am

Originally Posted by APPL (Post 31388736)
Does anyone know if First Wing is operating normally?
OLCI not working for me. Not sure if it's worth getting there earlier - someone mentioned they weren't allowing people if it was more than 2 hours from departure.

I'm wondering the same thing, meant to flying out this afternoon with the family and just heard advice on the radio is to allow extra time at the airport i.e. arrive early. The thing is if everyone takes that advice and turns up early it will cause chaos if they aren't letting people check in. No updates I can see on ba.com either ..

msm2000uk Aug 7, 19 4:05 am

More cancellations appear to have been issued, with BA344 to NCE cancelled (in addition to others I presume).

M

dycc Aug 7, 19 4:15 am

Originally Posted by woodey (Post 31388752)
I'm wondering the same thing, meant to flying out this afternoon with the family and just heard advice on the radio is to allow extra time at the airport i.e. arrive early. The thing is if everyone takes that advice and turns up early it will cause chaos if they aren't letting people check in. No updates I can see on ba.com either ..

A short queue had started building at First Wing when I was there an hour ago. Fortunately, I was HBO and had downloaded my boarding pass.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 7, 19 4:19 am

If you are having trouble with the App online check-in, try the full BA.com site and email the PDF to your phone. That seems to be just about working now.

Keep trying, it took be about 4 goes in all to get it to work.