Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fluffymitten
BA FLY was down for most of Wednesday 7 August with multiple delays and cancellations.

Service was restored and operational at start of play on Thursday 8 August, until...

1451 BST BA reported issues with BA FLY and reverted to using JFE.
1521 BST BA advised all short haul aircraft have been grounded in/out of outstations due to the loss of the FLY system
1555 BST FLY reported as stable
Print Wikipost

Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by estate
Any other reports of this? Or just a local SJC thing?
All appears calm this morning at LHR T5.

That being said, there is a DXB service that appears to have been delayed overnight (reason unknown).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Very busy at LHR T3...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by teledude
Very busy at LHR T3...
Because of IT issues?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Because of IT issues?
Unsure at the moment. I'm in CX F now but the terminal and security was the busiest I had ever seen.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I overhead a somewhat astonishing conversation this morning at the First Wing - passengers had been booked to fly EDI-LHR-HKG (possibly onwards) but missed their connection/got cancelled etc yesterday, and were trying to get out to HKG at some point in the next few days. What was most shocking was that it was a party of 4 adults travelling in F, 2 of the adults were elderly and in wheelchairs yet they slept in the T5 check-in concourse overnight. We know BA sometimes do not provide either hotel accommodation or information about their (notional) up to £200 self-imposed limit for hotel claims, but to leave 2 elderly people sleeping overnight in their wheelchairs tells you all you need to know.
Sounds like a perfect Daily Mail headline. Individuals have a choice. They were probably offered a hotel in central London or far from the airport which they declined so chose to stay at the airport. No one is forced to do anything, I’d say.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by kaizenflying

Sounds like a perfect Daily Mail headline. Individuals have a choice. They were probably offered a hotel in central London or far from the airport which they declined so chose to stay at the airport. No one is forced to do anything, I’d say.
There is no probably about it. They were not booked any hotel by BA, nor where they informed about the BA self-imposed £200 limit for hotel claims, as required under the regulations.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:05 am

my flight back from BRU yesterday afternoon was delayed by about 30 mins. The FO announced it was due to a BRU airport IT failure, requiring them to verify who was on board by manually checking names of all passengers against the manifest. Just prior to push back he fessed up and announced it was due to BA's ongoing problems.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

where do you get 0122 from? EF has it as landing 0112 and arriving at 0116.

just pucked this up as I am overseas. The timing was that given in the flight status section of the BA app when I looked.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Not sure if this is the right thread but just received this from my linkedin jobs feed:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1409028317

Head of Delivery Management Office

The Head of Delivery Management Office position is a newly created, and critical role in the International Airlines Group Global Business Services Organisation. Some of the key themes of the role are -

You are ultimately accountable for the management of the IT Delivery PMO, from both a planning, operational and governance perspective, as well as strategic.

etc.

Maybe this role will help....
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by anyuser
Not sure if this is the right thread but just received this from my linkedin jobs feed:

The Head of Delivery Management Office position is a newly created, and critical role in the International Airlines Group Global Business Services Organisation. Some of the key themes of the role are -

You are ultimately accountable for the management of the IT Delivery PMO, from both a planning, operational and governance perspective, as well as strategic.

etc.

Crikey, a poisoned chalice or what
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by anyuser

etc.

No amount of money would tempt me into that unless there was a blank cheque also available to sort the infrastructure out quickly and properly.
PlatinumScum likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
AKA "the fall guy".
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:44 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Are there problems again? OLCI not working for me for a flight tomorrow morning from LGW with the exact same message coming up as last Wednesday 7th about not being able to check us in and to to go the airport to collect boarding pass.

Anyone else experiencing OLCI problems again?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by BOH
Are there problems again? OLCI not working for me for a flight tomorrow morning from LGW with the exact same message coming up as last Wednesday 7th about not being able to check us in and to to go the airport to collect boarding pass.

Anyone else experiencing OLCI problems again?
<sarcasm>
Well it is a busy Saturday in August. What better day to try and roll out some fixes? What could possibly go wrong? 🤪
</sarcasm>

Silver Fox likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
No amount of money would tempt me into that unless there was a blank cheque also available to sort the infrastructure out quickly and properly.
BA coughing up for new hires/skilled contractors to do that, is as likely as TATA fixing anything. Both unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.