FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981933-wed-7-aug-ba-systems-down-flights-disrupted-cancelled.html)

fluffymitten Aug 8, 2019 8:26 am

Nope. Just got an alert.

FLY is down. All short haul fleet in/out of outstations is grounded

skywardhunter Aug 8, 2019 8:26 am

Originally Posted by alex67500 (Post 31393607)
There's a post upthread about the SIP (Systems Integration Platform) which is a bit of software which centrally manages data flows between various legacy and newer systems.
The link: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31388845-post115.html

There was also a Captain talking about a failed BT network link, but with the levels of network resilience available to even small businesses these days I'd hate to think that is the real root cause.

Thanks. Though it doesn't indicate that the failure was in SIP and even then the root cause would be drilled down further within that system. Plausible that the failure occurred there though

Tobias-UK Aug 8, 2019 8:39 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 31393722)
Nope. Just got an alert.

FLY is down. All short haul fleet in/out of outstations is grounded

An alert from from BA?

ginger_lord Aug 8, 2019 8:40 am

Just landed at MAN on the BA1394 and when I left LHR everything seemed fairly normal, even Galleries North was fairly empty and seats by windows available and all showers unoccupied.

​​​​​If I hadn't read the news I'm not sure I would've noticed any real difference today.

​​​​​

LionRed Aug 8, 2019 8:44 am

FLY has just come back online according to gate staff at A20

Farwest Aug 8, 2019 8:44 am

Enough is Enough. I am caught up in this yet again. I will now vote with my feet and have decided to avoid BA if at all possible. I have loads of Avis to use, but will book onto other OW metal.

Goodbye BA, you used to be a good reliable airline.

FW

Tobias-UK Aug 8, 2019 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Farwest (Post 31393801)
Enough is Enough. I am caught up in this yet again. I will now vote with my feet and have decided to avoid BA if at all possible. I have loads of Avis to use, but will book onto other OW metal.

Goodbye BA, you used to be a good reliable airline.

FW

What is it you are caught up in, Farwest?

fluffymitten Aug 8, 2019 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31393779)
An alert from from BA?

Airport Community app, LHR

Same system I posted a screen grab from yesterday

fluffymitten Aug 8, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by LionRed (Post 31393800)
FLY has just come back online according to gate staff at A20

Yep, looks like it was logged as stable at 1555

BAEC Aug 8, 2019 9:05 am

I just hope we won’t need to change the thread title today.

Wingnut Aug 8, 2019 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 31393569)
JFE?

See corporate-wage-slave’s post above. I believe it’s a back up system to FLY.

johnaalex Aug 8, 2019 10:32 am

I've heard a rumour that on some flights they are using the middle seat in CE cabins to get as many on the plane as possible. Can anybody verify that?

Bar Operator Aug 8, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex (Post 31394210)
I've heard a rumour that on some flights they are using the middle seat in CE cabins to get as many on the plane as possible. Can anybody verify that?

Yes this is true, or at least it was yesterday - all crew were sent a message to this effect. It only applied to some flights not all. I’m not sure if it’s been extended to today’s flights.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 8, 2019 10:54 am

It was also done on about 5 flights during the recent Swanwick outage.

estate Aug 8, 2019 9:06 pm

Down again?

Lining up to board the 278 back from SJC tonight and they announced their IT system had failed once again. They rebooted and got two computers back up briefly, but we boarded manually, and pretty slowly. Going to be a slow getaway from San Jose tonight.

Any other reports of this? Or just a local SJC thing?