FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Wed 7 Aug - BA systems down; flights disrupted / cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1981933-wed-7-aug-ba-systems-down-flights-disrupted-cancelled.html)

TTmex Aug 7, 19 6:16 am

I'm still waiting for my hotel and expense refund from the weather delays in July. Plus been a month since they broke my bag and said they will be in touch to collect and fix it. This will add another month to the wait while they sift through thousands of claims. I luckily missed this shambles by 2 days. Having just hit gold as my TPs just posted, kind of ironic to see what is happening again.
good luck everyone

Omba Aug 7, 19 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31388850)
They'll just refuse and say it was "Extraordinary Circumstances" as usual. That will get rid of 90% of the claims.

Unlikely I would have thought...

Plane goes tech.....payout
System goes tech.......same difference

ratechaser Aug 7, 19 6:19 am

Latest instalment from a pretty odd day all round... now a gate op up for all of us to CE. Booted out of my nice exit row seat, and Mrs RC wants some champagne so I can't really refuse...

Oh and a very long bus ride out to a far corner of the north terminal, not sure if the plane is out of position as a result of today's shenanigans...

Robington3rd Aug 7, 19 6:19 am

Having landed we have been sat on the apron for 30 minutes waiting for a stand at T5

Steve_ZA Aug 7, 19 6:20 am

I would be interested to know what the situation is like longhaul outstations today. Just had a call from family travelling on the BA56 tonight who were wondering what the queues might be like.

BAEC Aug 7, 19 6:31 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31389070)
tThe subtext says [assisted by a magnifying glass] ...

We are sorry to advise that all
passengers should make their
make their
way home and to
contact British Airways.

The IT Intern returned from their vacation.

AdBoy Aug 7, 19 6:37 am

New update - customers travelling tomorrow (August 8th) can also amend their short-haul bookings to/from LHR/LGW/LCY

fluffymitten Aug 7, 19 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Robington3rd (Post 31389123)
Having landed we have been sat on the apron for 30 minutes waiting for a stand at T5

Full house at T5 at the moment

sigma421 Aug 7, 19 6:42 am

Originally Posted by BAEC (Post 31389163)
The IT Intern returned from their vacation.

"and to contact..." isn't brilliant English either.

smckane Aug 7, 19 6:43 am

Waiting in the First lounge in T5 and what has really annoyed me is the attitude of some of the passengers I've been around in some of the queues. We can all moan and grumble about what caused the issues, but it is not fair to take that out on the staff here. Everyone I've met has been superb - managers have been out from behind their desks trying to manage queues and offer advice, staff at the desks have tried their hardest and often butted heads with systems they're not used to using and done whatever they could do to sort things out.

Yes, it's been slow. Yes, I wish it hadn't happened. But everyone with a BA badge on has tried to get things moving. The verbal abuse and threats I've seen dished out today are disgusting. Those passengers who've tried either the DYKWIA card, or the "you've ruined me life" card (when it's a late start to holiday or missed meeting) need to get a grip. There are true emergency cases though - a man behind me in one queue was rebooked and then promptly had that flight cancelled, he needs to get home to care for his disabled kid, that's a real case for needing help, and the staff were superb in helping him urgently.

My tuppence worth - shows that staff need training a bit more on backup systems, maybe more regular refresher courses. I'd also invest in more tensa barriers. Oh, and the extra cash at IT systems is a given, but that is true not just for BA but EVERY industry and workplace I've ever been to.

Ryanardo_daVinci Aug 7, 19 6:48 am

Iím stuck in this too. Anyone free to guest me into the first wing? Not sure what I could offer as compensation other than gratitude and reciprocation if youíre ever stuck in Dubai.

Yeoman5 Aug 7, 19 6:52 am

The F wing and lounge were pleasantly and surprisingly quite. No dramas, no divas, though thereís the usual few wandering around talking VERY LOUDLY on their very important calls.
Only 3 hours to (hopeful) lift off. Time for another? I think so!

Yeoman5 Aug 7, 19 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci (Post 31389215)
Iím stuck in this too. Anyone free to guest me into the first wing? Not sure what I could offer as compensation other than gratitude and reciprocation if youíre ever stuck in Dubai.

if you can get to the main airside entrance (not the F wing entrance at 2pm precisely (and let me know how to identify you) iíd be happy to.

adrianlondon Aug 7, 19 6:56 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy (Post 31389032)

Gosh. They don't even get that right. "make their make their" "advise that ... to contact"

Omba Aug 7, 19 6:58 am

I guess you really, really wouldn't want a pilots strike now to follow this..........